Mar Y Sol 1972 album

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Mar Y Sol 1972 album

Post by wind_up_toy » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:12 pm

If how you post on here is how you communicate in public then that's fine with me. I just dislike those that are totally different depending on where they're communicating from.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:34 pm

mestreech wrote:Please release anything, any show from the original group and I buy it. Official or not.
What He Said :clap:
"I need everything the world owes me..."

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:27 pm

Toronto Bob wrote: The fact of the matter is that Amuk is the troll, some of you just can't/won't see that.
Explain?
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:18 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:I'm convinced that Pitkin and TB are simply trolls.

Of course we are. Our goal is to upset the apple cart at every turn. You might want to know that TB and I have helped out MANY people here without asking for anything in return. Yeah we are trolls alright.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:48 pm

jacknifejohnny wrote:While heaven wept.....Everyone is entitled to an opinion :

Thank you.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:54 pm

kevinuk81 wrote:
Toronto Bob wrote: The fact of the matter is that Amuk is the troll, some of you just can't/won't see that.
Explain?
He condescends, he is didactic, and he only posts to shoot others down. He has never (or so rarely it may as well be never) started a thread of his own, gave the community a heads up to anything, asked for opinions. It's all just this authoritarian POV, sitting in his sniper's perch ready to "correct" everyone. I've caught him a few times fibbing in order to bolster his argument and then uses his status as insider to shut conversations down. And because of his credits on various projects and his access, people either take his word as the final say.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:56 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
jacknifejohnny wrote:While heaven wept.....Everyone is entitled to an opinion :

Thank you.
seconded

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:41 pm

Toronto Bob wrote: It's all just this authoritarian POV, sitting in his sniper's perch ready to "correct" everyone.
If something is factually incorrect, then a correction is warranted. I don't understood though, why opinions have to be so ruthlessly dissected. Posting becomes akin to having an essay marked. Red pen insults get scrawled all over, then sneeringly flung back in your face. All very 1984.

Anyway, I'll probably buy this album; bootleg, or not. I've certainly got more interest in it than AC's proposed newie.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:14 pm

It is very odd that we have a great new release and there is such little happiness about it. Band haters I guess.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:54 pm

pitkin88 wrote:It is very odd that we have a great new release and there is such little happiness about it. Band haters I guess.
Seems to me the only "haters" are the ones who can`t get over the fact Alice carried on without the original band.
I doubt you'll find anyone who would say they "hate" the original band and their albums. Those albums are the foundation of everything that followed.

But to your main point, I have trouble getting excited about this release for several reasons, most of which have already been mentioned. If it was an official, properly produced release with fancy packaging. sleeve notes, photos from the show etc then THAT would be pretty cool. As it is, it's an unauthorised copy, probably of an old cassette, of a recording I'm already familiar with.
Wasn`t that one of the complaints certain people had about the box set? that they had almost everything on it already?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:45 am

Si wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:It is very odd that we have a great new release and there is such little happiness about it. Band haters I guess.
Seems to me the only "haters" are the ones who can`t get over the fact Alice carried on without the original band.
I doubt you'll find anyone who would say they "hate" the original band and their albums. Those albums are the foundation of everything that followed.

But to your main point, I have trouble getting excited about this release for several reasons, most of which have already been mentioned. If it was an official, properly produced release with fancy packaging. sleeve notes, photos from the show etc then THAT would be pretty cool. As it is, it's an unauthorised copy, probably of an old cassette, of a recording I'm already familiar with.
Wasn`t that one of the complaints certain people had about the box set? that they had almost everything on it already?
Do you know if this recording is now public domain? If it is there should be no problem tinkering with the sound and putting it out officially.Andy seems to think only the hardcore want sleeve notes, pics etc so he'd probably vote to nix that.

My complaints with the box set:

Demos: No real upgrade in sound to what was circulating and which were not that great in the first place.
Useless and redundant radio ads.
The needless School's Out kids thing.

The live show and packaging was stellar.

I honestly believe if we suddenly had access to The Hollywood Bowl show in stellar quality someone would complain its a bootleg and the artist isn't gettin paid etc. It's beyond ironic that the main complainer probably has all this and more in his private collection.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:55 am

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:55 am

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:58 am

Here us the company putting out the CD. Easy Action:Cooper fans?

http://easyaction.co.uk/index.php?route ... uct_id=531

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:14 am

From Toronto Bob:
"Yea I am critical but I would challenge anyone to point out any of my criticisms that aren't accurate.

It is all here in the archives of this site.

>Not trolling just want quality archival product."

You have repeatedly been asked to make suggestions (for about the last five years or so), yet you fail to. Why is that? If you genuinely are acting in good faith and have good intentions, then do it. At no point in any of these discussions have you ever been constructive. Instead, you start with a false premise and simply don't like being challenged even though you provide no basis for your weird opinions. For a while, you met the challenge and behaved like a normal human being but that didn't last long which was sort of predictable. So again, provide specific examples of what you would like to see releaased and we can have a reasonable debate about it. Maybe you can start a thread on the subject.

>The fact of the matter is that Amuk is the troll, some of you just can't/won't see that.

I have known Si since 1997 having first met in 1986 so you should ask him if I am "the troll". Also, I have been part of the Alice Cooper fan community right across the world, which I helped create, since 1983 and there are at least two other people here who I have known since then also. I don't doubt I have my detractors, but those are my credentials. Tell us what your credentials are.
Last edited by A_MichaelUK on Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:23 am

From Toronto Bob:
"He condescends,"

I agree. Is that the same as being a "troll" though?

"he is didactic,"

If that means I don't like muddled thinking and am into intellectual rigour, then I agree.

> and he only posts to shoot others down.

If that means, I prefer to establish and clarify the facts, then I agree.

>He has never (or so rarely it may as well be never) started a thread of his own,

Why should I? Most people here haven't either. It isn't a condition of membership.

> gave the community a heads up to anything,

Why should I? Is it my job to do so? What makes you think I am authorised to give out information which is under an embargo? What makes you think you are entitled "to anything"?

> asked for opinions.

Why do I need to ask "for opionions" when all are free to give their "opinions"?!

I>t's all just this authoritarian POV, sitting in his sniper's perch ready to "correct" everyone.

Are you saying falsehoods should not be corrected?

> I've caught him a few times fibbing in order to bolster his argument

You have made that claim before but never gave examples.

> and then uses his status as insider to shut conversations down.

If you mean I use logic and facts as combination to destroy your sense of self - entitlement and false premises, then that's true.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:30 am

From concolz:
"I don't understood though, why opinions have to be so ruthlessly dissected.

That is a problem of your own creation though. They are not "ruthlessly dissected". They are just "dissected".

>Posting becomes akin to having an essay marked. Red pen insults get scrawled all over, then sneeringly flung back in your face. All very 1984.

No, it's just a question of style. If you're going to have a debate, you need to expect to be challenged. The problem is when the more delicate people here don't like being challenged because in being challenged, everything they've ever believed is being shown to have been wrong. For them, it isn't just the nature of the challenge. As I have said before, if you make a hundred false statements, there will be a hundred corrections. For some reason, you think that is it the same as "Red pen insults get scrawled all over, then sneeringly flung back in your face. All very 1984." which is a reflection of you more than anything else. Perhaps you and others here are on the wrong site. Maybe you would be more comfortable on Twitter where the format there prevents proper, informed and detailed debate and where only the broadest generalisations can exist.
Last edited by A_MichaelUK on Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:33 am

From Si:
"As it is, it's an unauthorised copy, probably of an old cassette, of a recording I'm already familiar with."

From what I understand, it's from a better source than that.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:44 am

From pitkin88:
>Andy seems to think only the hardcore want sleeve notes, pics etc so he'd probably vote to nix that.

Again, you're missing the point.

>My complaints with the box set:

All of these were addressed at the time on this site.

>Useless and redundant radio ads.

Trust me, there was a lot more wrong with it than that!

>packaging was stellar.

I don't think all of it was.

>I honestly believe if we suddenly had access to The Hollywood Bowl show in stellar quality someone would complain its a bootleg and the artist isn't gettin paid etc.

What about bands who are bootlegged and complain about not "gettin paid"?!

>It's beyond ironic that the main complainer probably has all this and more in his private collection.

I don't see the irony. The difference is that 99% of the time, I haven't put money in the hands of bootleggers which (it is clear you have forgotten) is the problem I have with the release of this album and yes, I appreciate the fact that not everyone is in that position. That is why you have to admire the integrity of Dannorama when he or she said this album would be boycotted. In fact, It would be hilarious if everyone in the world refused to buy this album except for one person who would then make copies of it for free for whoever wanted it. That would be an effective way of depriving bootleggers of any income but that would never happen.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:47 am

From pitkin88:
"Here us the company putting out the CD. Easy Action:Cooper fans?"

The activities of this company have been known about for a long time and from what I understand, it is the same person who released the "Battle Axe" bootleg which Neal Smith was unhappy about. Go to http://www.sickthingsuk.co.uk/content.p ... tleaxe.php and scroll down to the end to see Neal's statement. Maybe pitkin88 and Toronto Bob can go and have a go at Neal for not being happy with that release. After all, anyone who doesn't like bootleggers who profit from the work of others has got to be the confronted.