Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

ParanormalKiller
Trash
Trash

Re: Yep. Here we are.

Post by ParanormalKiller » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:06 pm

Dannorama wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:13 pm
Also, I'd forgotten about Cheap Trick, but you're right. All that patience wore thin.
Oh, indeed - it got to a point where I just stopped caring, after awhile. Interest and hype is not self-sustaining and indefinite. It has a shelf-life.

Cheap Trick wore mine out with that album and Alice is wearing mine out with this.

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:24 pm

Agrophile in Texas wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:30 am
Agree whole heartily jacknifejohnny. The recent songs written with the original band are often among my favorites. And I'm not asking them to repeat the goddamned 70s but give us music to the level they have on the 3 albums previous to Road, and I'll be sky high over that, because yes, they are that special!
I definitely respect your opinion very much. With the exception of When Hell Comes Home, agree to disagree with you. The songs aren't bad but plenty of other tracks I like better.

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:29 pm

ParanormalKiller wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:06 pm
Dannorama wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:13 pm
Also, I'd forgotten about Cheap Trick, but you're right. All that patience wore thin.
Oh, indeed - it got to a point where I just stopped caring, after awhile. Interest and hype is not self-sustaining and indefinite. It has a shelf-life.

Cheap Trick wore mine out with that album and Alice is wearing mine out with this.
While I am always excited about a new album, I agree a lot with what you are saying. So many times an artist will talk about a new album coming and then it will be years before it ever sees the light of day. I realize things change and it is part of the business but it can destroy the interest. It seems like many artist now are releasing singles sometimes a year in advance of the actual album coming out. It makes you forget about the entire project sometimes or if perhaps you don't like the single that has been out for months, you totally dismiss buying a new album. When you release a single a few weeks before the album release, the excitement is still there.

I realize she has a massive audience and some people find her polarizing (I personally have no issues with her. Not my type of music but she is a smart smart businesswoman) but Taylor Swift dropped a surprise album and what happened, her fans supported it in droves. There is something to be said for that.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Mon May 06, 2024 9:27 am

Listening to the old guys written tracks on W2MN onwards I ranked them on the albums they are on. Hadn’t done this before and it underlines my interest but lack of enthusiasm for an old guys album. A mixed bag would be a positive summary of this.

Runaway Train 12/14
Bite Your Face Off 6/14
When He’ll Comes Home 5/14

Fireball 2/12
The Sound of A 4/12
Genuine American Girl 12/12. (Paranormal’s Big Boots for me)
You and all of your friends 10/12

Social Debris 5/15
Drunk and in love. 10/15
I Hate You. 12/15

VinceLeeRose
Killer
Killer

Post by VinceLeeRose » Tue May 07, 2024 6:50 pm

del wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 9:27 am
Listening to the old guys written tracks on W2MN onwards I ranked them on the albums they are on. Hadn’t done this before and it underlines my interest but lack of enthusiasm for an old guys album. A mixed bag would be a positive summary of this.

Runaway Train 12/14
Bite Your Face Off 6/14
When He’ll Comes Home 5/14

Fireball 2/12
The Sound of A 4/12
Genuine American Girl 12/12. (Paranormal’s Big Boots for me)
You and all of your friends 10/12

Social Debris 5/15
Drunk and in love. 10/15
I Hate You. 12/15

"Old guys". Yeah, you have a real unbiased opinion. Not sure if you're aware, but the singer is around the same age as the so called "old guys"

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Wed May 08, 2024 3:45 am

Been calling them old guys for years with no criticism intended. As an old guy myself I don’t see a problem with that. For clarity, I’m a fan of the band, since ‘72 as thats where it all started for me.

Unfortunately, I find their more recent tracks patchy. I’d be delighted if I didn’t but at the end of the day it’s a matter of personal taste isn’t it? Unfortunately, whilst I absolutely loved seeing them live a few years ago, there wasn’t a spark for me and that confirmed to me that the golden era had passed in 1974.

Fortunately, given my advancing years, I am able to remember Alice’s age and recognise that he is an old guy as well.

Fortunately, I also know the meaning of biased and I am certainly not unfairly prejudiced against the old guys I’m referring to here. Just like Alice solo, I want them to be as good as B$B or SO or Killer but it doesn’t happen for me for their tracks as you have seen. That’s not biased, that’s a fact for me.