Alice Cooper @ 75

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Headbangers Ball
Yorkshire Rose
Yorkshire Rose

Alice Cooper @ 75

Post by Headbangers Ball » Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:07 pm

I just received my copy of this new hard back book. Alice Cooper @ 75. £60 on Amazon. Well presented Hard back large book complete with hard cover sleeve. Full of pictures and everything you want to know. Great collectors item. I’m chuffed to bits 💕
IF YOU GET UP IN THE MORNING, ITS A GOOD DAY!

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Alice Cooper @ 75

Post by mestreech » Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:14 pm

Is it with posters and a print?

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:19 pm

Is the hardcover the best option or will there be an even more luxurious version??

Headbangers Ball
Yorkshire Rose
Yorkshire Rose

Post by Headbangers Ball » Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:53 pm

mestreech wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:14 pm
Is it with posters and a print?
Yes. There are two posters and a print all in an envolope.

Headbangers Ball
Yorkshire Rose
Yorkshire Rose

Post by Headbangers Ball » Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:55 pm

mestreech wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:19 pm
Is the hardcover the best option or will there be an even more luxurious version??
I doubt there will be a different version. The book is very heavy. The pages are very heavy grade. It’s a really nice bit of kit.

Miller
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Miller » Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:10 pm

Here is a review...https://youtu.be/F0Smsv4YhUs

Rock10
Killer
Killer

Post by Rock10 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:09 am

It's too expensive. $75

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:12 pm

In the Netherlands about 50 euros is 55 dollars

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:28 am

Just ordered it from Amazon for £47. Coming tomorrow.

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:58 am

First thoughts where : another book ? What possibly could be in it that we haven't seen or heard yet in these past fortysome years? But then I saw the youtube link ( thanks!) and it looked so great ...
Ordered mine yesterday, quite symbolic on the eve of AC birthday :alice:
( Surprisingly it should come in the first weeks of march ?? )
you really wouldn't understand..

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:50 pm

I trust everyone now ordering it via Amazon are ordering through this site? Thus helping to keep it running?

Thought not....

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:48 pm

ta for the head-up, didn't know about this. just finished the 50 years one, excellent, and am reading Supermensch, so this is next on the list.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:30 pm

The book arrived this morning. Excellent package with some amazing pictures. So far my only complaint is that there is only 2 pages given to the early eighties.

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by VinceRaven » Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:43 pm

I'm about two-thirds of the way through it and have to say it's an odd book really.

I like the outer case a lot and there's no denying it's a chunky big book with some great photos.

Going by the minor levels of repetition from featured subject to featured subject, it really feels like it's meant for flicking through and dipping in and out of.

The written content is curious in that the main source material, going by the quotes, appears to be Shep's book and Golf Monster, with Michael's book getting additional nods during the band years.

For what must be a fairly expensive venture to get off the ground, there are a surprising number of errors, such as incorrect dates and mislabelled photographs.

I don't regret buying it but I also don't think any Alice Cooper fan who can't afford it needs to feel like they're missing out on much.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:55 pm

VinceRaven wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:43 pm
I'm about two-thirds of the way through it and have to say it's an odd book really.

I like the outer case a lot and there's no denying it's a chunky big book with some great photos.

Going by the minor levels of repetition from featured subject to featured subject, it really feels like it's meant for flicking through and dipping in and out of.

The written content is curious in that the main source material, going by the quotes, appears to be Shep's book and Golf Monster, with Michael's book getting additional nods during the band years.

For what must be a fairly expensive venture to get off the ground, there are a surprising number of errors, such as incorrect dates and mislabelled photographs.

I don't regret buying it but I also don't think any Alice Cooper fan who can't afford it needs to feel like they're missing out on much.
Interesting. Thanks for that.
Any examples of the errors?

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by VinceRaven » Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:59 pm

Si wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:55 pm
VinceRaven wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:43 pm

Interesting. Thanks for that.
Any examples of the errors?
Without checking back through it right now, things that spring to mind are a (nice and big) hanging photograph that must surely be from the Raise Your Fist and Yell tour being labelled as 1981. Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare being listed, twice I think, as being out in 1982 (although there's a third mention with the correct date). Stating Alice co-wrote Under My Wheels. Despite initially describing how there was no tour for Goes to Hell, later mentioning the Goes to Hell album and tour. Stuff like that.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:26 am

VinceRaven wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:59 pm
Without checking back through it right now, things that spring to mind are a (nice and big) hanging photograph that must surely be from the Raise Your Fist and Yell tour being labelled as 1981. Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare being listed, twice I think, as being out in 1982 (although there's a third mention with the correct date). Stating Alice co-wrote Under My Wheels. Despite initially describing how there was no tour for Goes to Hell, later mentioning the Goes to Hell album and tour. Stuff like that.
That's a real shame.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:08 pm

Here’s a few errors I spotted:

> Alice is stated as having changed his legal name “before the band’s first album” (in 1969), but this actually happened in 1974 (he was, however, named as ‘Alice Cooper’ in the credits of the first album, Pretties For You).

> In the comics section, the two Alice-themed Dynamite Comics releases are both stated as being “three-book series”. However, this isn’t correct as both the first (i.e. ‘Alice Cooper’) and second (i.e. ‘Alice Cooper Vs Chaos’) series had six editions each (all of which featured multiple cover variations).

> The Brutal Planet section contains an image that is said to be of Alice performing live in Las Vegas on the accompanying tour on the 29th September 2001. However, this is actually from the following ‘Descent Into Dragontown’ tour, which started on the very same date.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Logan
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Logan » Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:41 am

I got the book when it first released but haven't a chance to read it. But I did flip through the pages and love the layout and photos. I like the way it slips into a boxed black velvet cover. It was priced at $75 but wasn't bad I was thinking well it's a $1 for each pivotal event but later got an email from amazon and price went down to $66.
Is that Winterland poster a copy or was it made up for this book? Cause I never seen that poster before.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:08 am

Logan wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:41 am
Is that Winterland poster a copy or was it made up for this book? Cause I never seen that poster before.
Would have to see it. Have you checked the timeline? Pretty much every gig poster or ad I've found is on there.