Brian Nelson article

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Brian Nelson article

Post by glamprincess » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:36 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote: There was just so much of it though and even in that footage, you still don't get an idea of just how much stuff he owned.
That's true. When Brian was showing me some magazines featuring Alice, he was only showing me ones from one year only because you would not believe the quantity of magazines from just one year. Piles and piles and piles of stuff just from a specific year. And Alice has a career that spans four decades. I don't think people realize just how extensive the "archives" really are. There are rooms (plural) of stuff.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:19 pm

>And Alice has a career that spans four decades. I don't think people realize just how extensive the "archives" really are.

Also, Brian and I would often talk about how not even he had everything - it would be almost impossible considering how huge Alice was at one point (as were the band, as well).

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:32 am

thank you for sharing a couple of renfield memories there andy.I was wondering if you knew him well.

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:46 am

A_MichaelUK wrote:Also, Brian and I would often talk about how not even he had everything - it would be almost impossible considering how huge Alice was at one point (as were the band, as well).
i have a few special things brian didn't have, but wanted. i'm pissed that i didn't get around to giving them to him. oh well.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:48 am

that's the thing about passings-there is always something we didn't get around to.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:57 am

>I was wondering if you knew him well.

I had known him since 1984 and had spent a lot of time with him during different tours. We were also in almost constant contact when Alice was not touring.

Give the kid a break
Killer
Killer

Post by Give the kid a break » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:54 pm

That was a nice article, thanks for posting.
I think that a fitting tribute to Brian would be to have this collection displayed in a "tour" of different locations, similar to what they had w/the King Tut/Rameses/Divinci collections in the past. Instead of having science museums display the collections, they could have them hosted at Hard Rock Cafe's, House of Blues, etc.
It would serve 2 purposes, giving Brian recognition w/a wider audience, and displaying tons of great Alice memorabilia as well. The introduction to the collection could be the video's and articles describing Brian's fascination w/Cooper.
Just my two cents, seems a shame to break it all up since he worked so hard to collect so many wonderful things.
Don't know why i'm down here, must be something I said.......

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:21 pm

mattcoddington wrote:
A_MichaelUK wrote:Also, Brian and I would often talk about how not even he had everything - it would be almost impossible considering how huge Alice was at one point (as were the band, as well).
i have a few special things brian didn't have, but wanted. i'm pissed that i didn't get around to giving them to him. oh well.

Would you like to share what you have Matt?