Independent article

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

ThePainAddict
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: Independent article

Post by ThePainAddict » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:48 am

I quite liked the interview, although I did not like the interviewer. By that, I didn't think any of the questions were totally off-base, I really liked the give-and-take and agree that Alice came out great. However, if you are going to have a combative style of interview a good journalist owes it to the subject and the reading audience to just post the interview intact and leave all of the editorial suppostitions aside. The dime-school psycho-analyzation was petty and inane along with most of his other musings. I did think the purlicist requests were odd, given that Alice has spoken quite often about golf and God and has included all of his family in his stage shows (although the grandchildren reference may reflect the writer ignorance of who and in what way were they to be avoided).
Re: Gerald Ford, I think Alice might have "supported him" not necessarily for Presidency, but recognizing him as former star football player for the Michigan Wolverines.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:42 am

I just hated him bringing up his dad's passing-that was very very tacky.

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:43 pm

ThePainAddict wrote:However, if you are going to have a combative style of interview a good journalist owes it to the subject and the reading audience to just post the interview intact and leave all of the editorial suppostitions aside. The dime-school psycho-analyzation was petty and inane along with most of his other musings.
Good point. From people's comments here, it seems that people liked reading an interview that went a bit deeper than the usual "fluff" piece. So the problem wasn't as much the actual interview, especially since Alice can handle himself quite well. The main problem was the journalist's stupid and snide side comments which were totally biased and designed to put Alice down. More knowledgeable fans are able to focus only on Alice's responses but other readers can be mislead by the journalist's silly and biased suppositions.
I felt the real problem was not so much that the journalist gave negative opinions regarding Pretties For You and Trash, but more that it made no sense to focus on these two albums of all the albums that could be chosen to discuss from Alice's lengthy career. With classic albums like Love it to Death, Killer, School's Out, Billion Dollar Babies, Welcome to My Nightmare and other critical and fan favourites like The Last Temptation, Brutal Planet and others, it is totally unfair to choose Pretties for You as some kind of discussion point for Alice Cooper's musical career. Just proving how biased the journalist was that he would choose that particular album.

gallus
Trash
Trash

Post by gallus » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:57 pm

finally read it... although some parts were interesting it still left a nasty taste. glamprincess sums the interview up well, "snide" is appropriate, found the guy impolite to say the least
cheers