Tour schedule

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Tour schedule

Post by Dannorama » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:17 pm

Okay, this may seem a little out of context with the rest of my posts.

I'm here to complain.

We've known that AC was going to tour with a new "Spider" extravaganza for a whole year. Why, then, are the tour dates just trickling out? I'd like to see the whole itinerary all at once.

I most likely will have to travel if I'm going to see this show live. I'd be pissed if I made arrangements to travel 300 miles, only to discover in three weeks that a closer date has been announced. Also, the spotty announcements make it seem like there still isn't a steady plan in place.

Not sure if AC is the only one doing it this way, I don't pay attention to rock concerts like I used to. I like the good old days... Tour dates were set in stone, and all dropped at once.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Tour schedule

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:04 pm

>Not sure if AC is the only one doing it this way, I don't pay attention to rock concerts like I used to. I like the good old days... Tour dates were set in stone, and all dropped at once.

I wouldn’t pretend that this is a definitive answer, but often, dates cannot be announced until a deal is done either by the promoter with the venue (that doesn’t happen so much now that promoters are buying up venues) or by the artist with the promoter. Also, if the venue isn’t available, then you have to wait until it is - then the concert can be booked and the date announced. There are all sorts of factors and logistics that are involved. As I said at the other thread, this was discussed here previously at great length, if I remember correctly. I don’t think the situation you describe happens that often in relation to Alice’s tours.

ElectedPlus
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ElectedPlus » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:53 pm

could this be a 'sign of the times'? It's now easier to publish dates as their released by updating a website, rather than waiting for all dates to be confirmed before publishing the gig list to the papers/magazines etc.

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:33 pm

dates are announced once they're finalized. that's about the gist of it.

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:22 pm

It can be a lot worse with other artists. At least in Europe the main dates were announced at the same time.

For Tom Jones we had no way of knowing when he'd be where and had to play it by ear. There were some UK concerts announced and then more Us dates. So we kind of tried to guess when he might play in Paris if ever. Very annoying. In the end they also announced a Swiss date after I got tickets for the UK.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:44 pm

This isn't anything new... it's been this way for a while now.

I've been in the same boat... and haved booked trips to see a far away show and then something closer is announced.

I assume it's the nature of the type of venues that Alice plays. Acts that do arena type tours usually announce most of the dates all at once for that leg they're playing. Shows do get added here and there, but it's no where near as piecemeal as we see with the Alice tours the last so many years.

A few times I've been burned as I committed to other shows and something really cool has shown up later on.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:11 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote: I assume it's the nature of the type of venues that Alice plays.
not necessarily true.

Dave Conway
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dave Conway » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:28 pm

I appreciate in US your travel distances may be more longer than here in UK. However, look at it this way, if you have a ticket for anywhere, thats great. If a concert is anounced later, nearer to home...thats a bonus!
...And personally, I don't care.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:24 pm

Dave Conway wrote:I appreciate in US your travel distances may be more longer than here in UK. However, look at it this way, if you have a ticket for anywhere, thats great. If a concert is anounced later, nearer to home...thats a bonus!
Exactly... I always look at it that way... unfortunately my wife doesn't. :laugh:
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."