Small concert stats breakdown

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

SKULLBOY
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: Small concert stats breakdown

Post by SKULLBOY » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:19 pm

Baz wrote:Just looked again at the location of the list of states on DA`s list.
With the exception of California and Florida , it seems that the rest are northern states, and the mostly populated.
Out of the list, only Indiana and Wisconsin are not in the top 10 mostly populated states in the US.
One can understand the tours not venturing into states such as the Dakota`s, Wyoming, Montana and the like becuase no one lives there, but there doesn`t seem to be too much activity in the southern states.
Can I ask, is the bible belt the reason for that.
Maybe out American friends shed light on that for me.
These results seem a bit inaccurate. For example, Nebraska is listed as 1, but I've seen him twice here (2004 and 2008). I also noticed that Iowa, Missouri and Kansas are not listed at all, and I've seen him several times in each of these two states (I'm seeing him once in each one next month). Also, the Dakotas aren't listed, and I've seen him once in North Dakota, and he played Sturgis, South Dakota two years in a row.

It always seemed to me that Alice plays more Midwest shows than anywhere (look at the number of state fairs he's been doing as an example). I have noticed that the southeast US and possibly the Northwest tends to get less shows than anywhere in the US.
"I was scared to death, afraid to close my eyes
And find that I was gone . . . "

Baz
Gaye Blade
Gaye Blade

Post by Baz » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:22 pm

Thanks Glam, is there such a person as a ` lowly ` canadian ? oh yeah, Shoey.
I`m one of the `Over 50`s `.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:26 pm

Dave Conway wrote:All interesting stuff. I was at the 1 Liverpool concert :clap: . Just glad he tours so much. Not many acts are so accesible.

Me too. Fourth row. I though Alice played Kings Dock a few yrs back though maybe I'm mistaken. I does seem odd that Liverpool was the only show outside of London in '75 and he's never been back since.

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:28 pm

SKULLBOY wrote: These results seem a bit inaccurate. For example, Nebraska is listed as 1, but I've seen him twice here (2004 and 2008). I also noticed that Iowa, Missouri and Kansas are not listed at all, and I've seen him several times in each of these two states
it appears that damiennalice only listed the top and bottom states. obviously, if he had listed EVERY state alice has played in, the list would be much longer.
Last edited by mattcoddington on Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dave Conway
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dave Conway » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:31 pm

Pitkin88. It was the Kings Dock concert I was at. BB 03. First time I saw Alice.
...And personally, I don't care.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:53 pm

Baz wrote:Thanks Glam, is there such a person as a ` lowly ` canadian ? oh yeah, Shoey.
Remind me to slap you if I ever get to meet you, Baz. :evil: And then we'll go for a few soda-pops, mate. :drink:

We missed the Brutal Planet & Dragontown tours out west here, but he was here in 2004, 2005 and 2008. Before that it was 1999 when he toured this way.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:57 pm

Dave Conway wrote:Pitkin88. It was the Kings Dock concert I was at. BB 03. First time I saw Alice.

Ah so there were 2 shows in Liverpool then. I thought you where at The Liverpool Empire in 75 which is the show I was at.

damiennalice
Bouilliabase
Bouilliabase

Post by damiennalice » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:05 pm

As I stated in my original post,I may have missed one here and there. I wasn't trying to be scientific at all and I DID try to write down ALL (my eyes were playing tricks after a bit). Thank you Matt for pointing out my high and low list. I wasnt prepared to list all. I also may have missed some because sometimes Si put in extra wording concerning a show; most of those wordings concerned other business than a show so I just skimmed over those.

My true main reason for doing this was toward what Baz alluded to (and left-over venting from another thread :x ). I just took it a bit farther and turned it into something else. And Andy,if you REALLY want me to go back further I will :smack:

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:15 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Dave Conway wrote:Pitkin88. It was the Kings Dock concert I was at. BB 03. First time I saw Alice.

Ah so there were 2 shows in Liverpool then. I thought you where at The Liverpool Empire in 75 which is the show I was at.

My bad. I didn't read that these shows are from Brutal Planet onwards. :blush:

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:07 pm

glamprincess wrote:
Baz wrote:Just looked again at the location of the list of states on DA`s list.
With the exception of California and Florida , it seems that the rest are northern states, and the mostly populated.
Out of the list, only Indiana and Wisconsin are not in the top 10 mostly populated states in the US.
One can understand the tours not venturing into states such as the Dakota`s, Wyoming, Montana and the like becuase no one lives there, but there doesn`t seem to be too much activity in the southern states.
Can I ask, is the bible belt the reason for that.
Maybe out American friends shed light on that for me.
Bazzo: is a lowly Canadian allowed to answer this question for ya? :laugh:

I don't know if you remember or not, but I had said something about this on a thread a while ago. People were wondering why Alice seemed more popular in Europe and Canada than in America and I said that he seemed to be more popular in places that were more "liberal". And in the US, I also said that he seemed to be more popular in the states that are the "blue" states which are the ones that tend to vote democrat (liberal) than he is in the "red" states which are the ones to vote republican (conservative). These stats certainly seem to indicate that this is the case. (The bible belt runs through the red states and it makes sense that he would be less popular in the bible belt.) I think most rock acts enjoy greater popularity in the blue states and less popularity in the bible belt.
I just don't think the south is as big of a market for metal/rock acts in general vs. the New England/Midwestern states.

I also seem to remember hearing at one time that some artists or their record labels will study where the current CD sold the strongest and in what markets via Soundscan and may decide to shift their touring focuses that way. This may be a reflection of your theory. At least this was what was explained to me by the new media contact at New West if memory serves.
Me = Winning

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:52 pm

WickedYoungMan wrote:
glamprincess wrote: I think most rock acts enjoy greater popularity in the blue states and less popularity in the bible belt.
I just don't think the south is as big of a market for metal/rock acts in general vs. the New England/Midwestern states.

I also seem to remember hearing at one time that some artists or their record labels will study where the current CD sold the strongest and in what markets via Soundscan and may decide to shift their touring focuses that way. This may be a reflection of your theory. At least this was what was explained to me by the new media contact at New West if memory serves.
I agree. The last line of my post was that most rock acts seem to be more popular in the blue states than in the red states which I think corresponds with what you said in your first sentence. I was also saying that I don't think it's just Alice, but rock acts in general are more popular in those states. And I think other musical genres like "country and western" are possibly more popular in the red states. I am sure musical tastes vary in different geographic regions and Alice's level of popularity will be highest in areas where classic rock and heavy metal are most popular.

damiennalice
Bouilliabase
Bouilliabase

Post by damiennalice » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:22 pm

OK Im nuts !! I went back to Constrictor. From Constrictor up to BP ....

US ... 354
ROW ... 226

What I found interesting was for Trash. I counted 103 shows. Only 37 in the US.

Daytripper - TX had 26 shows during that timeframe ;)

P.S. to Andy ... :guntohead:

SKULLBOY
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by SKULLBOY » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:37 am

mattcoddington wrote:it appears that damiennalice only listed the top and bottom states. obviously, if he had listed EVERY state alice has played in, the list would be much longer.
I understand what damiennalice's original post represented. My comment was to Baz's post. It seemed that he was making his assumption from damiennalice's list. I was merely pointing out that this wasn't a full listing, as you said, and that in fact Alice does play to a large part of the Midwest. Baz was basing his observation on insufficient data. I was merely pointing this out to avoid any confusion.
"I was scared to death, afraid to close my eyes
And find that I was gone . . . "

Baz
Gaye Blade
Gaye Blade

Post by Baz » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:23 am

Thats no problem, as with DA , it was merely a bit of fun for us who have too much time on our hands.
Unlike the USA, I don`t suppose the promoters have to worry too much about where the albums sold the most as all the UK is readily accesible to all.
I`m one of the `Over 50`s `.