New album on the way!

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Billie1966
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: New album on the way!

Post by Billie1966 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:25 am

I for one always look forward to what Alice is going to pull out of the toy box next.. Along Came A Spider had to really grow on me but once it did... Well.. Let's just say that it's always with me..
I guess that's what I like about Alice the most.. You never REALLY now what he's going to do next. I'm looking forward to it.

Danny~
"I know their under the bed... That's where they hide"

Billie1966
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Billie1966 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:26 am

Double post (Oops)
"I know their under the bed... That's where they hide"

daytripper
Dada God
Dada God

Post by daytripper » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:03 pm

:clap: Yes....always want more from him. :rock:
Would like to see him take more time to "AliceIZE" a new album. I like ACAS...but it lacks a personal touch.
* for being a brat, refusing to act your age*
* http://www.myspace.com/daytripper63 *

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:26 pm

I hope for more of a return to the Dirty Diamonds style production/sound, but this time, the songs should carry more weight. The problem with DD is that most of the songs are pop songs, with not a whole lot to say. And GD-it give us a real epic! Let your band show us what they are made of. And make it a real double album, this time. There is so much more you can do with 80 minutes.

The best AC group albums are divided - Killer is about half pop, half heavy duty message/theme songs. The same can be said about Love it to Death - half pop/rock, half weighty death and/or darkness themed music.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:02 pm

I always look forward to a new Alice album, i really enjoyed both EOAC and DD.

I remember before BP was released, Ginger from the wildhearts stated that he had submitted an albums worth of material that he had specifically written for Alice, and obviously they chose not to use these as Alice wanted to go for the 'nu-metal'/industrial sound of the time.

I personally would love for Alice to collaborate with Ginger, especially going on the evidence of Ginger's recent releases. Take a listen to the album 'Market Harbour', it has a really great fresh uplifting vibe while retaining some of that 70s sound which he is so great at.

Having said that, i also really liked Alice's contribution to the Avantasia album, i would love to hear more of that. Additionally the mainman behind the band Ayreon has stated his desire to work with Alice, and he has a fantastic record of releasing EPIC concept albums.

As for an album from the original group, i can't see it happening (not that i wouldnt like to hear the results though). It's clear though that Dennis Dunaway is still capable of great things having recently heard the DDP album which is actually very impressive.

I havent listened to ACAS for 6 months, just cant bring myself to put it into the cd player, perhaps i should give it another try soon.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:29 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:I havent listened to ACAS for 6 months, just cant bring myself to put it into the cd player, perhaps i should give it another try soon.
Now that ACAS has been out for roughly a year, I'm treating it like Dirty Diamonds, where it defined the great times of that particular year. ACAS will always remind me of the last tour and the long strange trip it was, literally. 2005 was a great year as well and DD was the soundtrack for that summer. ACAS still gets regular spins on the CD player, more so at work these days.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Mr. Skull
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr. Skull » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:06 pm

A new Alice album is always great news.
Like everybody else I guess, I can be in different moods from time to time.
And for every different mood there's an Alice Cooper album.
No album goes without a spin for more then 8 months in my house.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:45 pm

Hampton seems like a nice guy, but I am personally dubious after this past album. Didn't care too much for the songwriting (both musically and lyrically) or the production/mixing on this.

That's my own opinion hough.
Me = Winning

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:43 pm

like i've said before - loved the concept. not too crazy on the execution. cutesie artwork can't hide mediocre music.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:35 am

They wanted another Trash album, they got it....
Me = Winning

BellaDonna
Killer
Killer

Post by BellaDonna » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:57 am

Thank You, DragonLady for posting that info! I personally believe it's really cool.

You know, I gave my sister (hardcore Kid Rock fan, though Alice fan as well by virtue of being a younger sister: choices are - home w/ mom and dad or come with me...heheh..!) a copy (yes, yes, purchased, not burned!) of ACAS and she couldn't get through it because she said, "It's NOT him. I don't know WhO it is; but it's not HIM. You made me listen to him for YEARS and it's not him..." Hmph....?... That's all she could say to explain it.

Personally: I love the idea and the music, (less the back up singers and the incessant tambourine/clap tracks) but think it was poorly executed. I'd like a "redo"! :clap:

Happy to hear of the new songs though! :)

Thanks DragonLady!

BD
..We're finally alone. Wash the dust from your hair now, I don't care if you ever get home..

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:20 am

was just looking at alice's wikipedia discography,and noticed ACAS got to number #53 US and #31 UK.that's good for his highest charting since "hey stoopid" in '91.Hope his next album "let's down" this many fans again!

ElectedPlus
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ElectedPlus » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:56 am

[quote="scotty"]was just looking at alice's wikipedia discography,and noticed ACAS got to number #53 US and #31 UK.that's good for his highest charting since "hey stoopid" in '91.Hope his next album "let's down" this many fans again![/quote]

hmmm, would much rather have a good album that isn't popular than a chart topping one that I dislike.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:23 am

well amen to that,but for me I both enjoyed the album and seeing it do pretty good.Never has he released an album that I completely disliked.I won't speak for others,but I do think it would be a challenge to have an album where you didn't like at least a few tracks....

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:24 am

I will say this about ACAS, I think the bonus tracks were stronger than some of the material left on the album.

With the bonus tracks, it's much more straight ahead rock.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:20 pm

that was another frequently heard complaint about this cd.

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:58 pm

WickedYoungMan wrote:Hampton seems like a nice guy, but I am personally dubious after this past album. Didn't care too much for the songwriting (both musically and lyrically) or the production/mixing on this.

And my opinion too. ACAS is way over produced. It would have come out very different if it was produced by the guy from EOAC and if Alice stuck to his band as the main musicans and songwriters. I find it hard to believe that Hampton was the origional producer of choice. I remember Alice waiting a long time to release this because he said he had a producer in mind but who was tied up with other projects at the time. I thought I heard the producer of choice was working with Aerosmith but his name escapes me.

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:22 pm

make that eight...

Dick Wagner

No ten...

Steve Hunter

OK, now I'm done...
No, just go back to two;

Robert Ezrin.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:24 pm

scotty wrote:but I do think it would be a challenge to have an album where you didn't like at least a few tracks....
I think it would be better to have an album where I liked as many tracks as possible.
Me = Winning

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:31 pm

WickedYoungMan wrote:Hampton seems like a nice guy, but I am personally dubious after this past album. Didn't care too much for the songwriting (both musically and lyrically) or the production/mixing on this.

I also thought ACAS was not one of Alice's better albums too. The songs were not up to par, in my opinion too. Of Alice's last three albums, my favourite by far, was The Eyes of AC. Personally, I think The Eyes is highly underrated and thought it had some great straight-ahead rockers.

As for ACAS, I thought the concept of a serial killer was an interesting one but I felt it was not explored deep enough. The storyline had some holes, I think, in part because nearly all serial killers are sexual predators and the story did not really address this area. I don't know if Alice avoided this topic because he doesn't write songs with that much leering sexuality anymore, but I think it makes a story about a serial killer less realistic when this aspect is omitted from the storyline because that is their motivation. So the part about just cutting off women's legs to make a spider just seemed less convincing and didn't really address the killer's motivations.

It was a bit of a disappointment as I think a concept about a serial killer is an interesting one and the videos were absolutely fantastic. Also, as mentioned earlier, the music was not up to par.