New album on the way!

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: New album on the way!

Post by cooperrocks » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:27 am

I have to agree with A_Michael on this one. When you are talking about an artist best album it is subjective. It does not matter what a critic thinks, it matters what you think. There is no right or wrong answer. Personally I think Muscle of Love is one of Alice's worst albums, but many of you on here disagree. On the other hand, I think From the Inside is Alice's best album and I would rather listen to Dada, The Last Temptation, and Brutal Planet more than any of the albums by the original band (as much as I like most of them) There is no right or wrong answer, it is whatever you personally like. In terms of Alice's playlist selection, that is subjective as well. I am sure some of those songs are among Alice's favorites, but I am sure he has written a ton of songs since the early days he likes just as much. However, Alice realizes you have to play a lot of the hits and the songs people know best.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:39 am

Good news that Alice is working on some songs for a new album. At this point I don't care about who's producing, who's playing on it with Alice, or what it may or may not sound like. I'm just happy we may get another album down the road. Something to look forward to down the road, keeping the interest alive.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:48 am

Toronto Bob wrote:I think Zak is getting dumped by Ozzy, maybe a hired gun-slinger like Zak could inject some new life.
Please keep Zakk Wylde as far away from Alice Cooper as possible.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

steven15322
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by steven15322 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:24 am

My two cents -
I seriously doubt Alice will or would work with the original members, I have my doubts it would turn out good.. maybe it would? These guys are much older now and writing material when you are young and then again much older your outlook, feelings toward things change. But who knows maybe they could pull it off? I wouldnt mind seeing it happen but I dont know if it would be a good thing or not? I do know that solo Alice is great though.

As for a producer yes I think one can make a impact if the material that is presented is good and you have a producer with a vision that can or will push the artist to better heights then yes it can make an impact.

I like The group albums but I also like the solo stuff equally as well. I really believe if Alice would put more time in the studio writing and doing an album than he has done with the last 3 albums that maybe we would have a better album. I am not knocking the albums as I enjoy them very much BUT I feel he can do better if he took more time doing an album ...maybe take a year off from touring and working on the album? I don't know though as he seems to like this constant touring year after year.

Anyway whatever he does I will be happy and will purchase it and enjoy it as I have been doing so since 1979 when I was 13..
Last edited by steven15322 on Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Before you burn your mark on me
I'll carve mine in your face

Malchik
Killer
Killer

Post by Malchik » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:26 am

Choot toot! Here comes the train of mattcoddington, coming in to baptize a topic with fire!

You know I absolutely love it when A_MichaelUK totally burns my preverbal buttocks because (though blunt) he attacks my flawed responses with facts and razor sharp wit. You on the other hand like to take a contrary position and spout rock heavy opinion that is just as lewd and open as our flawed posts.

To answer Michael; No Mike hasn't done anything with his career outside of ACG to really contribute. I guess I just have pure fan premonition on that man.

And Mat, I think Both Sexual Savior and Bones in the Back Yard are fantastic, modern album that are soaked to the bone with that certain essence that can be found on the majority on the ACG albums. Alice should be delighted to have a scraping of the spice that gives those solo albums that distinct flavor.

I think there are a few grammar errors to feed your inevitable response.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:09 am

>On the other hand, I think From the Inside is Alice's best album

Also, Alice has said the same thing (with reference to the solo albums).

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:23 am

>Funny how some fanboi's are so protective of Alice.

That's an absurd thing to say. Alice doesn't need protecting from anyone on this issue.

>I shouldn't have to preface every comment with an imo,

Actually, it would be helpful if you did.

>Alice's latest albums have been snoozers and he really needs someone with a track record to help him out.

I agree that the right collaborator is important. It always has been. I just don't think Michael Bruce fits that description.

>It's TOO bad that the early eighties were such a commercial failure for Alice, those albums were the last time Alice was truly interesting.

There's nothing much wrong with that statement as long as your certain in your head what it is that you are talking about (and I'm not sure that you are). You seem to be jumping from talking about whether or not an album is good or not (take a look at the post from cooperrocks), to whether it is a success or not. Those are two different things. Not that it's any of your business, but I think that the majority of the stuff Alice did with the original band is the best stuff, but also that several of Alice's solo albums are as good as those earlier albums.

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:14 am

Shoesalesman wrote:Good news that Alice is working on some songs for a new album. At this point I don't care about who's producing, who's playing on it with Alice, or what it may or may not sound like. I'm just happy we may get another album down the road. Something to look forward to down the road, keeping the interest alive.
Thank you Shoey. I was almost in tears here for having started another of these pointless flame wars with my little enthusiasm.
You sum it up beautifully.

What was that quote I saw the other day? Ah found it:
Most people would rather be certain they're miserable than risk being happy. Robert Anthony
I am afraid I like risk. I am disgustingly optimistic. So I join Shoey, I am so happy that Alice is still making music and delighting us with live shows. I prefer to see all the wonderful moments of pleasure he's given us rather than the more disspointing stuff, that also, is my choice.

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:03 pm

There are a few key things to consider that seem to be forgotten by some fans:

While Alice and the original band made some fantastic albums in 1971-73, that was 36 years ago. The early 70s was a totally different time and had a different vibe than the world does now. The guys were young men in their twenties and one cannot really think that 36 years later, a bunch of men who are now in their 60s are going to have the same chemistry that they had then. And don't forget the importance of Bob Ezrin to the mix. Also, as Andy pointed out, Mike Bruce has not been doing any noteworthy songwriting in the past 36 years. There is a shortage of great songwriters out there so one has to wonder why he hasn't written for anybody else in all this time. It is not realistic to think that you can just bring back the early 70s and recreate the same chemistry 36 years later with a bunch of people who are now in their 60s in an entirely different world, one where there's computer games, internet and hip hop music.

With the downloading of music and changes to the recording industry, albums don't sell as much and it has become extremely difficult for veteran acts to achieve hit songs and albums. So it is does not make sense to think that a reunion album is going to be a hit in today's music climate anyways. Albums do not have the importance that they once did and it is now about touring and merchandising.

The world has changed too much since the 1970s and it cannot be recreated.

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:18 pm

I'm very excited to see a followup to the awesome Along Came A Spider...what webs will Alice spin for us this time? I hope its another concept album...he had said something like that last year that the next album would be a different type of concept album....
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:42 pm

I look forward to a new cd. I admire his imagination and passion for making music and his stage shows are still a standard on how a rock concert should look and sound. I do believe a producer has much more influence than some think. Listen to FTF,TLT, EOAC, BP or ACAS. Very different feel. I like ACAS but IMO, is heavily produced. I think that cd would have been better with the producer of EOAC. I prefer the more stripped down feel to rock records. I also like the band members contributions to the writing and recordings more than studio musicans or producers getting in on the act. When you hit the stage with the same guys who help write it,you play it like you own it.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:55 pm

glamprincess wrote:It is not realistic to think that you can just bring back the early 70s and recreate the same chemistry 36 years later with a bunch of people who are now in their 60s in an entirely different world, one where there's computer games, internet and hip hop music.
I think the lack of "life experiences" by a younger ACG created some fantastic and innocent views of the world that manifested boldly in their lyrics. And that's not meant to be an insult. I think it would be hard for these same members, who now have more experienced, seasoned lives, to recreate that same vibe and innocent view of things.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:15 pm

You can't recreate the glory days.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Marcelocooper
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Marcelocooper » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:28 pm

I aways liked the Idea of the original band playing together, but only that: Playing. I think they should have played at Monster Mania, and sometimes play together, but that's it. Alice continues with his carreer, and so do the others. I only saw Mike and Alice live, but them rock, Mike as a fantastic guitar playing, Dennis plyed a little bass at one point in MM too, and he was great! Those guys know how to play the songs they created and the know how to rock, I guess a few more shows would be great... Maybe one new song like the idea for the box set, but not a full scale reunion.
These good little shocks must be working I’m so happy now

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:32 pm

Anyone else think Alice should take a bit of a break before releasing a new album? To me, he just seems creatively burnt out. I was really excited about ACAS, and then really disappointed in it. It seems like Alice has forgotten how to write witty lyrics....or even good lyrics.

I don't think a reunion is the key and I'm not interested in seeing one(unless it involves Ryan Roxie that is). I don't even know if having someone else write will do it. I know Alice is getting up there in age, and he may not have much time left on stage, but I don't think pumping out a new mediocre at best album every year and a half is the way to go.

I really hate to say this because I love Alice but he needs a break.

smanomega
Killer
Killer

Post by smanomega » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:32 pm

On the ACG- I want a tour thats it how ever small or large it is I dont care give me a date within 200 miles and I'm there....

On a new Album woo hoo!!!

On a side note I want Eric Dover back the myspace sextus songs are great

On a second side note I want Ryan roxie back too and throw in Kane roberts for good messure

Zakk Wylde?! - lol no hour long squeel<---sp ? sessions for me thanks had enough on Ozzys records...

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:28 pm

Feezle-Nuts wrote:Anyone else think Alice should take a bit of a break before releasing a new album?
He had a good, long break album-wise before Brutal Planet (with only A Fistful Of Alice between The Last Temptation and BP, and AFOA was a live one) and since 2000 he's been on a roll. While I hear what you're saying, I think he should keep on the pace he's shown lately. I guess I'm being selfish with wanting albums all the time now. :grin:

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:37 pm

Malchik wrote:I believe to my hearts bottom that they could pull it off.
you can believe all you want, but it's simply NOT true. core audience's opinion is - they don't care about alice's old band. sorry.
Malchik wrote:Its just Alice will have to let Dun and Bruce write.
why would he HAVE to let them write? what have they written that has been so spectacular since '74? how many spectacular albums have they released since '74? alice is fully capable of writing his own songs.
Malchik wrote:They still know how to rock.
matter of opinion.

Malchik wrote:As much as I love Alice, his last few albums haven’t done it for me so I'm up for something new like a reunion.
and you think a reunion would fare better than alice's last few albums???? seriously? i think you've missed all of the conversations we've had about alice's 'core' audience and who actually buys concert tickets and albums.

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:41 pm

Toronto Bob wrote:With Alice's track record since BP, I actually do not get to excited to hear that he's coming out with a new album.
your choice.
Toronto Bob wrote:While I would obviously love to hear about AC working with DD, MB and NS again, it would be no guarantee of a monster album. You would need an Ezrin type producer to get anywhere near the magic of those bygone years.
there is no way to guarantee another litd. you can't relive the past.
Toronto Bob wrote:Now if Alice was working with Jack White or Rick Rubin, I would say the chances of a kick-ass album are at least plausible and that is something I could get excited about.
why those particular producers? what connection do they have with alice cooper? they have never worked with alice in the past nor do i believe they have ever worked with an artist like alice. producers don't sell albums.
Toronto Bob wrote:I think Zak is getting dumped by Ozzy, maybe a hired gun-slinger like Zak could inject some new life.
why couldn't the same be said about keri kelli or damon johnson? why zakk wylde? he playing style is completely different from alice cooper.

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:46 pm

even people here have said they don't care about a reunion or who produces alice's albums. point proven.