I met alice tonight

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Man of the Year
Trash
Trash

I met alice tonight

Post by Man of the Year » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:19 am

I happened to be standing in line for a movie at a discount theater in Southern Indiana and Alice was literally standing next to me. He was with his wife, daughter [Callie] and I am assuming his new personal assistant. I quietly said "I will be at the show on Friday," and his eyes lit up and he said how excited he was about the new show. He said something to me that would be a "tour spoiler" so I will leave that alone, but he was like a kid on Christmas morning, saying the rehearsals were going great. He invited me to see the dress rehearsal, so let's just I will be having problems sleeping until then. He was as nice as can be, his wife was beautiful as always and they were very affectionate to each other, and his new assistant was very nice. It is strange to meet your life long hero, but it was definitely cool. His tour starts here on Friday, so I assume he will be here until then.

Spider
Trash
Trash

Re: I met alice tonight

Post by Spider » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:55 am

that is awesome!! i wish that could happen to me.. whats the spoiler? hehe

Maurice
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Maurice » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:40 am

So cool. How on earth did you keep cool yourself!!??

It is great to hear of Alices' enthusiasm for his work.

That is quite something to still genuinely have hold of after such a long time in the business.

I think that is what makes him such a success.
When life becomes more real than children's games
Or we've become too old to play them
My God.

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:16 pm

Man of the Year wrote:I happened to be standing in line for a movie at a discount theater in Southern Indiana and Alice was literally standing next to me. He was with his wife, daughter [Callie] and I am assuming his new personal assistant. I quietly said "I will be at the show on Friday," and his eyes lit up and he said how excited he was about the new show. He said something to me that would be a "tour spoiler" so I will leave that alone, but he was like a kid on Christmas morning, saying the rehearsals were going great. He invited me to see the dress rehearsal, so let's just I will be having problems sleeping until then. He was as nice as can be, his wife was beautiful as always and they were very affectionate to each other, and his new assistant was very nice. It is strange to meet your life long hero, but it was definitely cool. His tour starts here on Friday, so I assume he will be here until then.

That is awesome...which theater was it? I live in Louisville so I know some of the theaters really well in Southern Indiana...
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:34 pm

Man of the Year wrote: He said something to me that would be a "tour spoiler" so I will leave that alone, but he was like a kid on Christmas morning, saying the rehearsals were going great. He invited me to see the dress rehearsal, so let's just I will be having problems sleeping until then.
I think one of the reasons that Alice puts on such an energetic and exciting show is because he still has such enthusiasm for what he's doing. It's great to read that he's so excited about the new show, it makes the rest of feel even more excited about it too. And have fun at the dress rehearsal....try not to faint or anything....

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:02 pm

If I PM you,can I have the spoiler,MOTY? you're talking to an alice fanatic that most likely won't see any theatre of death shows,unless they tape a show! :angry:

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:04 pm

That is a great story.

I am excited for the show... nobody does it better!

cue: Carly Simon
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Man of the Year
Trash
Trash

Post by Man of the Year » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:25 pm

The other person was Rob Roth. A little googling told me that he was the director of Beauty and the Beast on Broadway and has worked with Elton John among others. I still can't believe this happened. I have played in bands my whole life and achieved a small level of fame and am somewhat used to famous people, but Alice is the only person i have been star struck with - i wasn't a complete idiot, but i was still like "i can't believe this is happening." Rob is the director of this tour.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:58 pm

I think the bigger question is "Why was he at a discount theater?!?"

I'm kidding.

That's great though. Hope you have fun. What movie?
Me = Winning

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:00 pm

he loves swap meets too.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:19 pm

Happy for you, Man Of The Year. Have fun.

BTW... what movie did you see?
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...