Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: A Question about Montreal 72.....

Post by Si » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:47 am

pitkin88 wrote:
Si wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:Personally I don't think it is good value.
Of course you don't. It's a new Alice release and those never satisfy you.

It could have satisfied me with the full clips but you conveniently missed that didn't you. I don't want panties, a 2009 show with no relevance thrown in and probably a bastardized cobbled together show from 1972. Sorry if that is being picky.
I didn`t miss anything. I was merely pointing out that NO recent Alice release has ever satisfied you.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:38 pm

So, I am finally able to post my opinion, now that I've experienced the DVD. "Experience" is the word. Anyone bitching about the incomplete songs or bad angles or whatever is obviously a spoiled brat. Eff Yoo. This is a magical gift that allows you to color in the spaces with a great amount of detail - much more than ever before. This was 1972, idiots. One reel of film lasted about 12 minutes. Be thankful that this was documented at all - with multiple angles. I now have a much greater appreciation for Dennis, Glen, and Michael. And how cool is it to see Neal slashing about in that sea of drums? The color, lights, and sound give me a much better understanding of how big of an impact this group made. What a show! This is a time capsule. Any flaws must be easily forgiven in the face of having anything at all. Jam it, haters. This is Alice Cooper at their very peak.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

TodayMueller
Killer
Killer

Post by TodayMueller » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:08 pm

Well put, Dannorama.

I got the deluxe edition, and I'm VERY happy with it.
Sure, I got a 2009 audio and a Blue Ray doc that I will probably never use but the doc itself, the book and the '72 show are well worth the 35 quid. Much better value than Old School, I think.
To be honest, I was a bit disappointed with the quality of the '72 show at first, but I was probably just too exited and expecting more.

I'm greatful that this was released.
Now, I'm just looking forward to a full release of ABC in Concert, Paris '72 and whatever else is out there.
Have no gods before me, I'm the light !

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by evil syd » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:57 am

Dannorama wrote:So, I am finally able to post my opinion, now that I've experienced the DVD. "Experience" is the word. Anyone bitching about the incomplete songs or bad angles or whatever is obviously a spoiled brat. Eff Yoo. This is a magical gift that allows you to color in the spaces with a great amount of detail - much more than ever before. This was 1972, idiots. One reel of film lasted about 12 minutes. Be thankful that this was documented at all - with multiple angles. I now have a much greater appreciation for Dennis, Glen, and Michael. And how cool is it to see Neal slashing about in that sea of drums? The color, lights, and sound give me a much better understanding of how big of an impact this group made. What a show! This is a time capsule. Any flaws must be easily forgiven in the face of having anything at all. Jam it, haters. This is Alice Cooper at their very peak.
First of all, if you are giving your opinion, we could do without the name calling. I agree with you, it is interesting footage and it's brilliantly put together. Would I have liked this show if it was left out? of course not. Now that I know the story behind it, thanks to Si and UK, I have grown appreciative of it. But, it just "naturally" bothers me to watch a concert and know that most of the audio is not from the same show, that's all. I know I can't be helped.I think in time I will grow more accustomed to it, maybe not. But still grateful for seeing it especially the "Killer" part, it was freaky.
DoCtOrS wAnT To ChEcK Me, PoKe Me, AnD DiSsEcT Me......

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:13 pm

evil syd wrote:
Dannorama wrote:So, I am finally able to post my opinion, now that I've experienced the DVD. "Experience" is the word. Anyone bitching about the incomplete songs or bad angles or whatever is obviously a spoiled brat. Eff Yoo. This is a magical gift that allows you to color in the spaces with a great amount of detail - much more than ever before. This was 1972, idiots. One reel of film lasted about 12 minutes. Be thankful that this was documented at all - with multiple angles. I now have a much greater appreciation for Dennis, Glen, and Michael. And how cool is it to see Neal slashing about in that sea of drums? The color, lights, and sound give me a much better understanding of how big of an impact this group made. What a show! This is a time capsule. Any flaws must be easily forgiven in the face of having anything at all. Jam it, haters. This is Alice Cooper at their very peak.
First of all, if you are giving your opinion, we could do without the name calling. I agree with you, it is interesting footage and it's brilliantly put together. Would I have liked this show if it was left out? of course not. Now that I know the story behind it, thanks to Si and UK, I have grown appreciative of it. But, it just "naturally" bothers me to watch a concert and know that most of the audio is not from the same show, that's all. I know I can't be helped.I think in time I will grow more accustomed to it, maybe not. But still grateful for seeing it especially the "Killer" part, it was freaky.
You are right, Syd. Bad form on my part. I was addressing others who use this forum as an outlet for their miserable personalities. Some folks love to see red.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by evil syd » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:02 pm

Dannorama wrote:
You are right, Syd. Bad form on my part. I was addressing others who use this forum as an outlet for their miserable personalities. Some folks love to see red.
:8):
DoCtOrS wAnT To ChEcK Me, PoKe Me, AnD DiSsEcT Me......

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:21 am

Well someone put together a complete Killer concert with available concert footage, tv appearances and photos, using an uncut soundboard of the St. Louis show as the audio. A great accompaniment to the b-roll disc from Montreal 1972 . In fact I'd say this is something one can watch repeatedly. Quality is something like an A- by bootleg standards.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:24 am

Toronto Bob wrote:Well someone put together a complete Killer concert with available concert footage, tv appearances and photos, using an uncut soundboard of the St. Louis show as the audio. A great accompaniment to the b-roll disc from Montreal 1972 . In fact I'd say this is something one can watch repeatedly. Quality is something like an A- by bootleg standards.

Nice to known, thanks.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:57 am

Toronto Bob wrote:Well someone put together a complete Killer concert with available concert footage, tv appearances and photos, using an uncut soundboard of the St. Louis show as the audio. A great accompaniment to the b-roll disc from Montreal 1972 . In fact I'd say this is something one can watch repeatedly. Quality is something like an A- by bootleg standards.
What is it you were saying about sitting on posts? 4 months later eh!
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:02 pm

Well kind of difficult to post about a video that didn't exist four months ago. It now exists so now I post.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:06 pm

Toronto Bob wrote:Well kind of difficult to post about a video that didn't exist four months ago. It now exists so now I post.
Just like I did when the UK royalties were amended for School's Out this month having previously been discussed in the thread you accused me of sitting on for 5 months when I noticed in April only Alice & Michael were getting paid, which has now changed all 4 band members and the Glen Buxton estate are now all getting their 10% with the publisher 50% as it should be for that song.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:19 pm

ahh, I see. Sorry about that, your post as written seems to bee primarily about retorting to pitkin's 5 month old comment. My bad

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:45 pm

No responding to my critics was just a bonus, the only reason I sought out the thread again was to update people on the School's Out UK performance royalty split, and then thought I should respond to the sad little digs by kin and Rushworth while I was there having not seen their pathetic jibes until now such is their insignificance to me.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:46 pm

I have no current issues with you Toronto Bob lol

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:06 pm

steven_crayn wrote:No responding to my critics was just a bonus, the only reason I sought out the thread again was to update people on the School's Out UK performance royalty split, and then thought I should respond to the sad little digs by kin and Rushworth while I was there having not seen their pathetic jibes until now such is their insignificance to me.
Actually I seem to remember that your previous replies were removed as were others which is why the thread hadn't been posted to since.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:39 pm

I just saw this one and I must say Toronto Bob ia absolutely right. TOP disc!!!!

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:40 am

What Mestreech said. Excellent job on this bootleg. I think it came out of Canada. It looks like a lot of work went into this and whoever put it together is obviously a big fan.