Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Alice Coopergroup - Record Store Day release

Post by del » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:59 am

Thinking out loud... if I were Alice I might be having a few thoughts here:

1. I've had an upturn in popularity in the last few years primarily outside the US. The current band is excellent and we have a solid and consistently praised product. How do I sustain and ideally build on that, assuming I want to?
2 I've got to an age where I can indulge myself and still keep the profile up. I've done various new projects and the Vampires have got some legs now. What else would be interesting for 2019 and beyond?
3. I've reconnected with the he guys in the original band now and we have had the chance to rekindle some of what we had in the past. I'm sure we could do some more together but how important is it to me against 1 and 2 above?

Purely guesswork but at this stage in life, career and bank balance it's all down to interest levels and energy.

My preference is that he does what keeps him happy. He has earn't that right by keeeping the brand going for the last 40+ years.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:36 am

I agree. Money obviously isn't an issue. There is a bit in the 50 years book, where they are discussing zipper and one of the musicians stated that Alice owned some clubs and restaurants so making money off the album wasn't an issue. I keep expecting to hear about the new HV albums in time for Christmas, but nothing yet. The big question is how long can he keep up that touring schedule? it must be exhausting at his age. but then again I saw James Brown in his seventies and he was still going strong. My feeling is that if we do get a new AC album then it will be the same format, lots of guest musicians including the OG's. The astro turf LP is superb and they do sound fantastic together. My preference would be a reunion album but i really don't think that is going to happen. He does seem to be doing what he wants these days which I think is great. HV could be curtailed by Joe Perry's health.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:16 pm

Si wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:21 am
While Heaven Wept wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:02 am
Received my copy today and it looks great. The only thing that slightly concerns me is receiving an email from Chris asking to transfer $38 for shipping. That seems massively excessive to me. I send vinyls from the UK to the states all the time and it doesn't cost half that.
For some reason Postage charges to the UK seem HUGE. Look at any of the recent things like DD's campaign or Nita's album bundles. Often the postage is more then the actual item you want. I agree it doesn't seem to cost quite as much going the other way.
Did you get hit for customs as well?

I'm having issues with Nita's bundle from Sumerian records at the moment. They only sent the CD but incorrectly put the full bundle value on the customs declaration! That cost another $20 thanks to customs charges. So far just the one $18 CD has cost me $80, and I've not received the vinyl yet and there's no reply from their customer services either.
If they do the same when they send the vinyl and list the full order value the $45 order will end up costing me well over $100. Not happy.
Luckily I didn't get hit with customs. The label actually states that it cost him $23.50 to send it so I took up with Chris. He then reduced the price to $28. So he's still charging $4.50 just for the packaging which I think is too much still, but i've paid it now.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:30 pm

You are forgetting to add in the expense involved in a business owner going to the post office and waiting in line to mail your product.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:35 pm

I just spoke with a friend of mine in The Beat Farmers. To send a single CD to the UK is $14. That is not including packaging and the time spent going to the post office to mail. They had quoted their fans $5 for international shipping. He now realized this was a big mistake.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:20 am

Just imagine the minds that would have been blown had song 2 on side 2 (C) been Sick Things. Boom baby!

This album, to me anyway, is the updated Live at the Whisky. The patter between band members and the guys doing what they do best makes it feel like a continuation of the original. I even thought I heard Coop say "Another fun night." :laugh:
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

VinceLeeRose
Killer
Killer

Post by VinceLeeRose » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:43 am

Si wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:51 am
VinceLeeRose wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:39 am
Fans deserve to see these guys . they’re not getting any younger, and I think the whole situation with how the band ended is sad. The band didn’t know it was over until it was over. I think it would just be respectable to give some closure to it. Not just for the band, but for Alice himself. As much as I love and adore Alice, I need something more than seeing my favorite vocalist fronting the worlds best cover band. I want to see Alice with THE band.
Problem is, they have done almost exactly what you are asking for just last year. It presumably just wasn't close enough to you that you could get there for whatever reason (no judgement), but they did do it. They gave you that. What you want is for them to do it again closer to you, which is fair enough, but you can`t say they haven`t done exactly what you ask for.
If they had done the shows nearer to you you would have been happy, and others would be in your situation. They can`t play everywhere and please everyone.

Yeah, It would’ve been nice to at least get 1-2 shows here in the states, like LA or Detroit. It was hard for me to get to the U.K. last year, although I did make it to Nashville. I guess I just wish they would’ve done some more this year to celebrate 50 years of Alice Cooper. That’s a big milestone and it wasn’t even acknowledge except for this awesome Astroturf release. I know Coop is always about not looking back and moving forward, but at this point in his career these things like 50th anniversaries are noteworthy. And it’s not like he played half the Paranormal album on the last tour ;-)

Cold Room
Killer
Killer

Post by Cold Room » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:39 pm

What you want and what you get are two different things

alicefannor
Killer
Killer

Post by alicefannor » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:24 pm

Picked up my copy yesterday at the post office (thanks Chris)
Brilliant release. Simple as that. The packaging is a beauty, and the recording is great.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:30 am

My middle son, Evan, gave me a copy of 'Live From The Astroturf' for Christmas. Of course I opened it!

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:08 am

padre_sliprat wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:30 am
My middle son, Evan, gave me a copy of 'Live From The Astroturf' for Christmas. Of course I opened it!
Drop the stylus!! :alice:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:50 am

Daggers & Contracts wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:08 am
padre_sliprat wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:30 am
Drop the stylus!! :alice:
You betcha!

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:42 am

Okay. I finally got to spin LFTA. I even enjoyed School's Out. That's saying a lot. ***** (5 Stars out of 5)

alicefannor
Killer
Killer

Post by alicefannor » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:11 pm

Listened to it again today.

It’s gold.

Marcelocooper
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Marcelocooper » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:59 pm

Got mine yesterday... Amazing record, definitely a 5 star, 11 out of 10. The packing, the beauty and the sound are perfect. Alice's voice was great and Dennis, as aways, shines! :rock:
These good little shocks must be working I’m so happy now

Cold Room
Killer
Killer

Post by Cold Room » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:28 pm

The beautifully packaged and well produced "Live from the Astroturf" album is not only a collector's item but will also serve well to mark the 50th Anniversary of the Alice Cooper Band (1968-2018)....something that was sadly ignored.
What you want and what you get are two different things

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:04 am

Cold Room wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:28 pm
The beautifully packaged and well produced "Live from the Astroturf" album is not only a collector's item but will also serve well to mark the 50th Anniversary of the Alice Cooper Band (1968-2018)....something that was sadly ignored.
Yes. And I see it as the successor to Live at the Whisky.

Lisacooper91
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Lisacooper91 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:10 pm

Finally received my copy! #1983, pink vinyl with Dennis on the label!
The sanest days are mad.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:13 am

Lisacooper91 wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:10 pm
Finally received my copy! #1983, pink vinyl with Dennis on the label!
Cool. Mine's clear with NS.

Whitapers
Trash
Trash

Post by Whitapers » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:26 pm

Hopefully, one can get this from anywhere...it depends on your sources