Paris Special 82

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Paris Special 82

Post by padre_sliprat » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:14 pm

I've never come across an unofficial release which I couldn't live without. As much as I have dreamed of vast vaults of tapes and endless crates of unreleased albums, the reality has been far less spectacular than my fantasies. Others probably feel differently.
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:17 pm

I agree with Bob on this one.
Shep Gordon was a genius as manager but one mistake he made is the lack of putting live concerts on tape/video. They could have made a fortune.

Rob
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rob » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:09 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:09 pm
Had no idea the station had been sold. Any idea what other bands they recorded Rob?
Have a look at this
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2003/ ... rcialradio
It must be true A_Michael said so

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:23 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2003/ ... rcialradio

Thanks for this. This was 2003 and NOTHING happened at the Cooper management. Why o why they don't want to make money with archive releases?

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:22 pm

Ok. I now understand that the Radio Clyde concert is owned by the radiostation and Warner.
So I can't understand the hesitation of Warner to make some money.
Not only on radioshows but special on the long (forgotten??) reissues with extra's.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:14 pm

Thanks Rob. I am wondering if ANY of these shows were actually released.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:13 am

Can't say for certain but I know that a couple I was hoping for have never surfaced. There were plenty of great gigs recorded, not all of the ones listed here, but most of them and I was told this included the Stones and the Jam, the two I wanted.

http://www.glasgowapollo.com/index.asp?s_id=1&m_id=9

nicnic
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by nicnic » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:44 am

pitkin88 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:39 am
Just been watching this again and it is really fantastic. Yes the visuals are dated but it is so much fun. Alice was really taking chances with the change of look and the new direction musically.

The seven or so re recorded songs are terrific. The intro to Schools Out adds a whole new dimension to the song and then that band play it like a machine gun fire. Even Only Women Bleed which should sound out of place in this set sounds eerie and works completely. 18 has a great vocal from Alice and credit surely goes to whoever rearranged these songs. Guessing Erik Scott.

Alice moves around on stage like a maniac and that band look just nuts. I know it will never happen but that album could get a deluxe treatment as there is plenty of great quality stuff out there. The Tom Synder performances are great too.

Anyone else think the blackout years would make a great box set?
This was a fun special on tv, they should release it on dvd. I remember when i first saw it i on tv i was 16 and when they showed Alice's band my brother in law who was there at the time said "theyre freaks", and I said, they kind of look like theyer pretending to be like zombies, like a zombie hard rock band-

under my wheels-

https://youtu.be/GajteM6e5I4

and about Alice looking like a witch with his hair up and all that evil dead make up I said, "thats the result of a hard rock shocker trying to look new wave". The band an Cooper does an amazing job with the live in the studio tracks later in the video, great rock metal band he had.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:23 am

I remember reading Duane Hitchings' recollections of the filming of the special. He had some great insights. The one story was about being taken to the junk yard for "Clones" and filming on the steps of the church was another. Hitchings has a great sense of humor. Also, a great songwriter.

If I remember right he said most of it was made up on the spot by the director. The version and video for "Clones" is to me the greatest video ever made by Alice--or anyone for that matter. That could have been put together by Dali himself.

Alice at his artistic best!