Charts

For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:01 pm

exactly. there's no winning, not even with fan clubs. an alice fan club likely won't happen. they are time consuming and very expensive to run.

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:46 pm

Nothing is perfect, but fan clubs have gotten me in rows 1-6 in the last 2 years for Stones, Who, Petty, ZZ Top, Fogerty, Skynyrd, Styx. Genesis screwed me and didn't play within 1000 miles of the south.

Coop at Boston's Orpheum didn't offer anything in the front 30 rows for the first hour. Within that hour there were great seats already on EBAY and Razorgator. Many of the front row tickets are still on Razorgator.

Don't get me wrong, Coop's tickets are generally sold front to back and decent seats can be had when they go on sale, but increasingly there seems to be more games being played with the allocations, particularly when Live Nation owns the venue. Extra money is being paid for the best seats. I only hope it goes to the band. If I have to pay $400 for a front row I would rather they do what they did in Canada and sell VIPs with some transparency. Too much deception and too many ticket games will eventually do to touring what the record companies did to themselves.
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
A little speed is all I need
Caffeine! Caffeine!

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:59 pm

from Live Nation by e-mail today. Kind of explains the ticket problems in Boston.

"Hi,

I am happy to offer you two complimentary VIP tickets to see Alice Cooper at the Orpheum Theatre if you would like to join VIP Nation by Friday, August 29th.

Details below and attached – please let me know.

Chris

Live Nation has created a special VIP Seat Program called VIP Nation, for music lovers to experience exclusive ticket privileges. VIP Nation is a ticket access program that provides you with the ability to order tickets to the hottest Live Nation produced shows in New England.

Members will have exclusive access to purchase a minimum of two tickets to Live Nation produced/promoted shows in as many as 20+ venues, including the Comcast Center, Bank of America Pavilion, Orpheum Theatre, TD Banknorth Garden, Gillette Stadium, and many more. Ticket access will be gained prior to the public on-sale.

The calendar-year membership fee is $995. Attached is a seating chart providing you with an example of the types of locations for this program.

For more information or to purchase VIP Nation, please contact Chris Elias at 617-728-1626 or chriselias@livenation.com.

Have a great night,

Chris

Christian M. Elias | Director of Sales
Bank of America Pavilion | The Opera House | Orpheum Theatre
p 617.728.1626
f 617.737.2292"
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
Caffeine! Caffeine!

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:47 pm

I've seen that Live Nation Club advertised locally here too. You know it's going to be expensive when they don't reveal the price initially, but make you inquire about it via e-mail. I did just that and got a similar e-mail. In my case, they never even explicitly stated what kind of seats it actually entitled you to. For that kind of money I would expect to be guaranteed access to very good seats.

I've generally had excellent luck getting good seats for Alice so I'd be reluctant to see things change from the status quo with Alice I've had much more trouble securing good seats as easily for other bands I'm a fan of.

The Genesis fan club was a joke... I was a member. There were exceptions but the vast majority of fan club members were getting left out in the cold for good seats. I tried for tickets for about 4 different shows and the best tickets that would come up the moment they went on sale were 30-50 rows back on the floor or way up on the side sections of the arena. I ended up waiting and finding excellent seats on my own 2 months before the show. They must have been released back into the pool and it just happened to be my lucky day. They were $200+ each face value. ::((:

And don't forget, I just experienced the Columbus "Decibel Club" that allowed early admittance into the venue for a yearly fee of $50. That's great for local fans, but if I'm only going to catch one show a year in Columbus, it's a steep price to pay. I waited out for 6 hours like a dip**** only to see people who showed up 30 minutes before the show waltz right in and get better spots than us.

It seems many promoters/venues are starting to play this game in an effort to extract even more money out of the fan.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:05 pm

At least you could drive to a Genesis show. Imagine the suckers who paid $35 to find out if they were not in a northeastern blue state they weren't worthy.

If the band is only going where 10% of the country can see them they ought to disclose that PRIOR to selling memberships. The 2008 Who mini-tour is no better giving the finger to all the red states which is why I am having to fly to Boston. The LiveNation hustle. Worst of all is when they cancel and leave you hanging for the travel costs. I got burned by the Stones in Atlantic City and The Who in Tampa, lucky me. Fortunately in AC I got a Coop show the next day.

Like I said initially, in a few years they will be wondering where all their business went, just like the record companies.
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
Caffeine! Caffeine!

nimsowner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by nimsowner » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:51 pm

Last year when Alice was playing under Heaven And Hell. Heaven And Hell had this thing where if you joined their mailing list you could buy tickets on Wed and ticketmaster had them on sale Sat. So of course I signed up and bought tickets they were 3rd row. When ticketmaster seats went on sale I checked and got 2nd row seats right in front of the seats I had bought earlier.
PLEASE, save me from this sick man!

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:29 pm

Jumping Jack wrote:from Live Nation by e-mail today. Kind of explains the ticket problems in Boston.

"Hi,

I am happy to offer you two complimentary VIP tickets to see Alice Cooper at the Orpheum Theatre if you would like to join VIP Nation by Friday, August 29th.

Details below and attached – please let me know.

Chris

Live Nation has created a special VIP Seat Program called VIP Nation, for music lovers to experience exclusive ticket privileges. VIP Nation is a ticket access program that provides you with the ability to order tickets to the hottest Live Nation produced shows in New England.

Members will have exclusive access to purchase a minimum of two tickets to Live Nation produced/promoted shows in as many as 20+ venues, including the Comcast Center, Bank of America Pavilion, Orpheum Theatre, TD Banknorth Garden, Gillette Stadium, and many more. Ticket access will be gained prior to the public on-sale.

The calendar-year membership fee is $995. Attached is a seating chart providing you with an example of the types of locations for this program.

For more information or to purchase VIP Nation, please contact Chris Elias at 617-728-1626 or chriselias@livenation.com.

Have a great night,

Chris

Christian M. Elias | Director of Sales
Bank of America Pavilion | The Opera House | Orpheum Theatre
p 617.728.1626
f 617.737.2292"
I just read my copy of this email about 5 minutes ago. Nice how I emailed them two weeks PRIOR to on sale date, and they responded a week AFTER I already had tickets. And for $995.....heck no!
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:19 am

I used to use 'Hot Seats' from Ticketmaster in the 80s; basically the same as early seat purchases I'm reading here. It was roughly $100 per year and I used to get some decent seats. But as some folks have posted... when everyone buys into it it's not really an advantage.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Jaded
Garric Stalker
Garric Stalker

Post by Jaded » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:19 pm

NSP, can you email me the seating chart live nation is referring to?
Thanks!

Jaded@sickthingsuk.co.uk
I take life with a grain of salt...
A wedge of lime, and a shot of tequila.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:38 pm

Well, then! I just skimmed before and didn't even realize a seating chart was attached! :laugh:

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:41 pm

Ok, J. I just sent it to you. Let me know if you don't get it. And interestingly enough, the highlighted seats? they're not even all that good....quite a ways behind the ones I purchased without the VIP...and if they're charging nearly $1000 a year for that...that's a rip-off!

Jaded
Garric Stalker
Garric Stalker

Post by Jaded » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:21 pm

I'll look for it.. Thanks NSP!
I take life with a grain of salt...
A wedge of lime, and a shot of tequila.

BUZZCOCK
Trash
Trash

Re: Charts

Post by BUZZCOCK » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:56 pm

I know this is very late in the day, I was scanning Music week (online edition) (UK version of Billboard) and found this article prior to the release of Along came a spider, it would seem a higher chart position was predicated!

10:49 | Tuesday July 29, 2008

By Paul Williams

Nine Inch Nails’ new album The Slip, released on their Null Corporation label, is aiming to give the band a fifth Top 10 album in the UK, while rock veteran Alice Cooper’s new SPV album Along Comes a Spider is expected to debut in the Top 20.

Music Week

Interesting, that the original hope was for a top twenty placing! Oh well!

daytripper
Dada God
Dada God

Post by daytripper » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:57 pm

Darn.....I had high hopes too. :/
I think the tour will help. :alice:

But just a little trivia here...
I read on an Alice dissussion group that in 1973 Billion Dollar Babies charted at #1 in America on April 21st with Billboard.
I looked for the real information...to confirm...but cant find it. Does anyone know this for sure ?
* for being a brat, refusing to act your age*
* http://www.myspace.com/daytripper63 *

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:17 pm

Don't know about the date but yes, B$B was a #1 album.

Here's a bunch of chart info:
http://www.sickthingsuk.co.uk/misc/charts.php
Me = Winning

daytripper
Dada God
Dada God

Post by daytripper » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:21 am

*brick* Thanks Wicked...I knew that was here.
And I have my new book to check out soon...
The Guide To AC. :laugh:
* for being a brat, refusing to act your age*
* http://www.myspace.com/daytripper63 *

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri May 01, 2009 4:08 am

From Dennis Dunaway:
"On April 14th, 1973, B$B was number one in CashBox & Record World. And on the week of April 21st, it was number one in Billboard. After the same amount of weeks on the chart, six, Dark Side Of The Moon was at number three. Dark Side of course went on to become the longest standing chart album. I guess its a good thing that we got there before they did. Ha ha."

COOPER FANATIC
Trash
Trash

Re:

Post by COOPER FANATIC » Fri May 01, 2009 4:49 pm

Si wrote: In that regard, comparing the figures shows ACAS is a disaster (which in current sales terms it isn't) and so comparing sales figures for that reason doesn't tell the real story.
Sorry to reply to an old post but not only was it a disaster in terms of sales, I personally think the album itself was a catastrophe. The lyrics seemed like they were just looking for stuff that rhymed and it wasn't very creative. The prologue doesn't even make sense and there are several songs on the album that I cringe to and have to pop in Dirty Diamonds or some DaDa to calm me down. I love Alice, don't get me wrong, but this album, in my eyes, is the worst one he has released, period.