For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

sammysausage76
Killer
Killer

Re: Question RE: Tour Dates

Post by sammysausage76 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:53 pm

mattcoddington wrote:i know. been to both places. it's not too long of a drive though. you can do it!
Verona is actually quite the drive from NYC...he would be better off going to Bergen, NJ which is much closer (like 4 hours closer), actually the CT shows and Scranton are also likely closer.

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:55 pm

personal perspective i guess. 4.5 isn't a long drive in my eyes.

sammysausage76
Killer
Killer

Post by sammysausage76 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:56 pm

It isn't that long of a drive in my perspective either, I am just saying that Bergen, NJ is like 20 mins from the city where Verona is 4.5 hours.

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:04 pm

good point.

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:14 pm

Parish wrote:
mattcoddington wrote:Unfortunately, the red seas do not part for alice cooper.
Perhaps he can work this into a future stage show?

"Moses on White Lace" anyone?
:rotfl: :rotfl: Great idea! Besides, I think the red seas should part for Alice Cooper.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:02 pm

>while it is his right to complain, it still doesn't justify the complaint. in this case, it's clear that he's just venting.

Exactly. As (I think) has been suggested before, this kind of comment is normally best directed at the local concert promoter (or promoters). I'm not saying that that will solve this kind of problem, but that's pretty much the right place to start (before most other factors are considered).

Sparticus
Killer
Killer

Post by Sparticus » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:11 pm

Didn't try to start a complaint! :grin:

So to try and get back on topic here, I can *hopefully* expect a few more US dates in 2010?
If you call that guilty...then that's what I am

damiennalice
Bouilliabase
Bouilliabase

Post by damiennalice » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:19 pm

Ok then. Help me out here as a person who knows nil on this ...

Alice Cooper is going to do a tour. Who contacts who first? Im assuming promoters dont know who's touring and when unless they somehow find out an artist is actually GOING to tour. Tricks of the trade perhaps? Inside knowledge? Years of expierence?

Sticking with AC ... he likes the Midwest. Is it easier for promoters of that area to "get the job done" and get a stop in their area or venue?

Is it "easier" or possibly "more profitable" to tour Australia than it is to tour,say, other geographical areas ( MINE !!) ?

Im not asking for big todo answers,just some simple basics. Help me out a bit.

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:27 pm

Sparticus wrote:Didn't try to start a complaint! :grin:

So to try and get back on topic here, I can *hopefully* expect a few more US dates in 2010?
no worries, i don't think you started a complaint.

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:36 pm

damiennalice wrote:Alice Cooper is going to do a tour. Who contacts who first? Im assuming promoters dont know who's touring and when unless they somehow find out an artist is actually GOING to tour. Tricks of the trade perhaps? Inside knowledge? Years of expierence?
all of the above. sometimes local promoters will contact management. alice also has a talent agency who may put the word out there and help schedule shows.
damiennalice wrote:Sticking with AC ... he likes the Midwest.
he likes any area where he can make money!

damiennalice wrote:Is it easier for promoters of that area to "get the job done" and get a stop in their area or venue?
depends. if they are in that area already, and have a spot open, then it's more likely to happen. many fans get the impression that alice 'doesn't like' certain states or regions of the country. that is simply not true. it more has to do with tour logistics and schedules. the shows also have to be within driving distance, the venues have to meet certain requirements, etc, etc.

damiennalice wrote:Is it "easier" or possibly "more profitable" to tour Australia than it is to tour,say, other geographical areas ( MINE !!) ?
i don't believe so. australia/new zeland/japan, etc are a pain because they have to ship their entire stage and set up. it's actually a pain to play continents far away, for only a few shows. pink is currently in australia (over a months worth of shows), which makes sense because she sells more tickets and she's touring the whole country.

damiennalice
Bouilliabase
Bouilliabase

Post by damiennalice » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:49 pm

I appreciate your response. I didnt mean for this thread to become my venting area but it is a touchy topic for me (as many well know). I am more than willing to discuss this subject further off this thread is there's any interest.

To put back on topic, I anxiously await more tour date announcements and PRAY for one "in my backyard" ;) :alice:

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:25 am

i'm not sure why it's touchy. it's nothing personal against any person, state, region, country, etc. it is what it is.

sammysausage76
Killer
Killer

Post by sammysausage76 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:37 am

Hey damienalice, have you tried contacting local promoters and venues?

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:33 am

Jaded wrote:But its DA's god given gift to complain about it, and we expect it.. Every year.. :rotfl:
Haha. Sorry damiennalice, that just struck me as funny. Peace, bro.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:34 am

>I am more than willing to discuss this subject further off this thread is there's any interest.

I think it was in July of last year that there was a debate here on this subject and where I went into this in some considerable detail (although Matt did a good job in describing the situation in far less words than I seem to be capable of). If you can find that thread, then you may find it interesting.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:09 pm

Partially related to one of DA's questions.

I recall a few years back, when AC was touring with Cheap Trick, that there was actually an "advert" in one of the concert industry trade papers saying "available for bookings during xxxx" or similar with contact details for promotors. Sorry, going from memory.

This I assumed was one of the standard ways of putting a tour together. First contacting your usual promotors in various areas, then "filling in the gaps" to make a schedule feesible logistically. By putting the news in a trade paper local promotors can see it, and contact is made.

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:16 pm

Si wrote:Partially related to one of DA's questions.

I recall a few years back, when AC was touring with Cheap Trick,

Thats was the last time I saw Alice. He played her on Long Island at The Brookhaven Ampitheatre. Its was literally 5 mins from my house :)