Killer
Killer

Re: ‘Ol black eyes is back Tour

Post by Maaki » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:58 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:13 pm
marko10174 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:47 pm
If Alice played Freedom and snake bite this tour I would literally cream in my pants! Being a newbie to this board, and this year being my first AC concert, I wanted to ask you guys a question... Are the albums "Trash" and "hey stoopid" frowned upon by some of the more old school AC fans? I've seen this sentiment expressed on other social media forums before, and I was quite perplexed by the disdain older fans of AC have for them. I myself am a complete 80's hair metal fanatic, so my favourite era of Alice's music starts from Constrictor and ends at hey stoopid. That's not to say I don't love his other stuff, I'm really excited about hearing "I'm eighteen" "No more mr nice guy" "Billion dollar babies" and "Brutal planet" live.
Yes they are frowned upon because they, especially Constrictor, have some of the worst Alice lyrics ever. We went from the genius Former Lee Farmer to the purely stupid Thrill My Gorrilla and it was a complete shock. Horrible overblown production and ham fisted guitar with just dreadful juvenile crap. As subtle as a mallet hitting a seal.

If you've never seen him before you will enjoy. If you have seen him in the last 10 years he has just gone terribly stale. Same set same act. The coffin has been creaking a long time and that show needs a stake driving through its heart.
Do not forget to speak for yourself, only. You are entitled to your opinion, and so are others. To me it looks like you sometimes mistake yours with the truth.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:30 am

If you read his initial post you will see that he mentions " others " calling these albums out as being a stain on the cannon. I'm telling him why myself and " others " think these albums are turds. Not sure why you have a problem with this.

Ah the stage show...there has been a lot of complaining and not by me. I gave up on the live show years ago. Same set list, same show. Truth.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:52 am

Ah yes all the complaining has been by you duh?? Fine if you don't like the show then don't go ,fine, but don't drag everyone else down with your constant negative comments over n over, and no ever year Alice change up the setlist and adds at least 4 or 5 rarities in the setlist for the diehards.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:56 am

AliceFan wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:52 am
Ah yes all the complaining has been by you duh?? Fine if you don't like the show then don't go ,fine, but don't drag everyone else down with your constant negative comments over n over, and no ever year Alice change up the setlist and adds at least 4 or 5 rarities in the setlist for the diehards.
Who made you forum leader? Perhaps if you actually read the forums you would find many people complaining about the same show and songs. Duh!

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:57 am

Sparticus wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:40 am
AliceFan wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:19 am
I was watching a Nita Strauss q+a chat on YouTube from nights with Alice posted on main page in news section and a fan asked what songs she likes playing on tour, then they asked what 3 songs you'd pick for this year's tour? An she said I'm going have to keep my mouth zipped on that one cause those 3 songs I picked are going into this year's setlist and I don't wanna be the one who ruins the setlist for this tour. Also she said Alice and Shep and production have a really great show in store for you all on this upcoming tour.
If that’s the case, then my bets are on Freedom and Snakebite, she’s been clamoring for those. Hot damn, I’m pumped!
Sparticus, do you think that these 2 songs Freedom and Snakebite will actually for sure be played on this tour? ? With them being Nita's picks for a while now I would love it if they were played, cause I was play too young when they were originally played on the album tours for them. You said your guesses for last few years setlist were right though.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:59 am

Sparticus wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:40 am
AliceFan wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:19 am
I was watching a Nita Strauss q+a chat on YouTube from nights with Alice posted on main page in news section and a fan asked what songs she likes playing on tour, then they asked what 3 songs you'd pick for this year's tour? An she said I'm going have to keep my mouth zipped on that one cause those 3 songs I picked are going into this year's setlist and I don't wanna be the one who ruins the setlist for this tour. Also she said Alice and Shep and production have a really great show in store for you all on this upcoming tour.
If that’s the case, then my bets are on Freedom and Snakebite, she’s been clamoring for those. Hot damn, I’m pumped!
Sparticus, do you think that these 2 songs Freedom and Snakebite will actually for sure be played on this tour? ? With them being Nita's picks for a while now I would love it if they were played, cause I was way too young when they were originally played on the album tours for them. You said your guesses for last few years setlist were right though.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:01 am

suziginajackson wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:30 pm
I wonder if he will stick with the three guitarists, or whether we will see the return of a keyboard player
The music had more dimension with a keyboardist.
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:26 am

I have not brought tickets for this tour so far (due to stupid prices and crappy seat positions)
but in all honesty if he plays anything off raise your fist I will have to buy tickets.
I know allot of old skool fans don't like his 1985-2000 period very much , but me and all my friends love this period in his career.
I am worried he will change his set/stage allot and I will be "forced" to go and see him.
Snake bite and freedom, I'd buy that for a dollar!
My dream tracks would be the summer of blood trilogy chop,chop,chop/gail/roses on white lace , wind up toy and cleansed by fire.

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:10 am

I love that period too 86-2000, it is my favorite eras of Alice. The Live in the Flesh (Raise Your Fist and Yell tour) was some kind of good. RYFAY, Hey Stoopid, and The Last Temptation are three of my favorite Alice albums ever.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:59 am

Cooperrocks - I agree wholsale.
Raise, Hey stooped, last temptation and brutal planet are all top 10 albums for me, easy. Absolutely love them!

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:21 pm

This period 86- 2001 including Dragontown yes is my favorite era as well, but I also enjoy the 70's original ACG band songs and flush the fashion through Dada as well. But I am eagerly waiting the kickoff show on July 4th foxwoods yes im attending it,so I'll be one of the first one here to witness the new setlist. Hope Nita Strauss has some great song choices up her sleeve ,ex, freedom, Snakebite, maybe something off zipper or Dada. Never know what Alice will bring out of the archives for us diehards.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:19 am

AliceFan wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:21 pm
This period 86- 2001 including Dragontown yes is my favorite era as well, but I also enjoy the 70's original ACG band songs and flush the fashion through Dada as well. But I am eagerly waiting the kickoff show on July 4th foxwoods yes im attending it,so I'll be one of the first one here to witness the new setlist. Hope Nita Strauss has some great song choices up her sleeve ,ex, freedom, Snakebite, maybe something off zipper or Dada. Never know what Alice will bring out of the archives for us diehards.
"Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life."
Keep the faith, wishes do come true.
However, in Alice's world.... :/
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:56 am

Wouldn't it be interesting if he freshened it up with half a dozen cuts from L&W and GTH instead..

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:28 pm

del wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:56 am
Wouldn't it be interesting if he freshened it up with half a dozen cuts from L&W and GTH instead..
YES! :clap: In that case, I would buy a ticket no matter what they charged for it.
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:16 pm

Saint&Sinner wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:26 am
I have not brought tickets for this tour so far (due to stupid prices and crappy seat positions)
Really? I got row 3 for £45 each the day after the alicecooper.com presale release. Compared to my crappy side view balcony Ozzy seats at £77 each (I am doubting he will even perform again now) I think the one thing Alice has nailed this year is ticketing unlike previous years.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:05 am

I don't know what happened, when me and my mate tried we both couldn't get on (site kept timing out) and then when we did the seats were quite far back or on the sides. I hate seats with a burning passion so I wasn't about to pay more money than ever for an alice ticket but have worse position, let alone seats.
I just wish it was standing on the floor and seats everywhere else that way everyone wins and you also get younger people into it too. No youngster wants seats, let alone bad, expensive seats.

ILoveAlice1313
Trash
Trash

Post by ILoveAlice1313 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:05 pm

Ol' Black Eyes is back Summer tour....

Setlist:

Fireball
Grim Facts
Lost In America
Unfinished Sweet
Hello Hooray
Hard Hearted Alice
King Of The Silver Screen
Dead Babies
Hallowed Be My Name
Second Coming
Ballad of Dwight Fry (Both Verses)
Years Ago
Black JuJu
The Sound of "A"
Don't Blow Your Mind (Spiders Original)
Lay Down and Die, Goodbye (Nazz Original)
Bad Place Alone
Freedom
Snakebite
Raped and Freezin
Dirty Diamonds
Generation Landslide
Below Your Means
Feed My Frankenstein

Encores:

Billion Dollar Babies
I'm Eighteen
Schools Out

Cant wait to see you guys with Halestorm August 15 in Holmdel, NJ!!!!

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:35 pm

A new Metal Hammer interview reveals one song being prepared for the new show. Hasn't been played for about 10 years +.

marko10174
Trash
Trash

Post by marko10174 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:17 pm

ILoveAlice1313 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:05 pm
Ol' Black Eyes is back Summer tour....

Setlist:

Fireball
Grim Facts
Lost In America
Unfinished Sweet
Hello Hooray
Hard Hearted Alice
King Of The Silver Screen
Dead Babies
Hallowed Be My Name
Second Coming
Ballad of Dwight Fry (Both Verses)
Years Ago
Black JuJu
The Sound of "A"
Don't Blow Your Mind (Spiders Original)
Lay Down and Die, Goodbye (Nazz Original)
Bad Place Alone
Freedom
Snakebite
Raped and Freezin
Dirty Diamonds
Generation Landslide
Below Your Means
Feed My Frankenstein

Encores:

Billion Dollar Babies
I'm Eighteen
Schools Out

Cant wait to see you guys with Halestorm August 15 in Holmdel, NJ!!!!
Is this the official set list then? so it will be the set list for the UK later this year?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:39 pm

Too funny!