Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Hollywood Vampires 2023

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:28 pm

cooperrocks wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:06 am
I think it is highly likely there will be a summer Hollywood Vampires tour in the United States next year. The only thing that may be a stop to that is the Hollywood strike depending on when it is settled. If it gets resolved soon, Depp may have a ton of acting work to do next year to get caught up.
Really? Ya think?? :rotfl:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:39 pm

cooperrocks wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:06 am
Depp may have a ton of acting work to do next year to get caught up.

Well at least he can check off "acting like a real musician" from that list...

Headband....check
Cap tilted slightly like that guy in GNR, Dizzy Stratlin'?....check
Cross necklace and other extraneous/irrelevant jewelery....check

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:03 pm

Two quotes from the KRPM review Si put on the News page. Probably sums up all the HV shows I’ve seen so far.

“Part of what makes you feel like you are watching something truly special is the idea that The Hollywood Vampires show shouldn’t really work. There is not one song they play that absolutely everyone in the room seems to know simultaneously … but it does work, and what an absolutely storming concert this was!”

“this band is Alice Cooper and Friends, no matter how famous or talented, no matter how etched into the history of rock or film his bandmates happen to be.”

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:32 pm

del wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:03 pm
Two quotes from the KRPM review Si put on the News page. Probably sums up all the HV shows I’ve seen so far.

“Part of what makes you feel like you are watching something truly special is the idea that The Hollywood Vampires show shouldn’t really work. There is not one song they play that absolutely everyone in the room seems to know simultaneously … but it does work, and what an absolutely storming concert this was!”

“this band is Alice Cooper and Friends, no matter how famous or talented, no matter how etched into the history of rock or film his bandmates happen to be.”
I’d think Joe Perry would have something to say to that .

Prometheus77
Trash
Trash

Post by Prometheus77 » Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:11 pm

del wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:03 pm

Right. No one knows Heroes or School's out or Another brick in the wall. Or Eighteen or Walk this way or Break on through to the other side, safe some Johnny Depp fans, who are not really here for the music, but for Johnny Depp.

It would be great if that was true, but judging by the people going to these shows it feels, it's more like Johnny Depp and friends.

Prometheus77
Trash
Trash

Post by Prometheus77 » Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:17 pm

SickThings wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:22 pm
Pitta wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:17 pm
There was a lot of clickbaits and a lot of speculations after that. That is true. But I think it's not fair to the 10.000 fans to tell, that was only an eventful tour with a lot of clickbaits.
If they wanted people to know the reason, they'd have said. Anything else is just speculation.

Given that the shows weren't cancelled in 2016 when Joe Perry was hospitalized, I'd be surprised if they cancelled just because of Johnny, whatever the reason, if he was the reason, but maybe the promoter made that call. We have no way of knowing, and it's pretty clear the powers-that-be aren't interested in telling why.
It was suggested that the only 2 people that could get the show cancelled are Alice and Johnny, which makes sense. Alice was at the Guns N' Roses concert the next day, so it wasn't him. Also a while later, it was suggested that Johnny had food poisoning. That kinda make sense. The day before, there was a post from a restaurant that Johnny went there eating. It would not look good for the restaurant if the day after it is known that he got food poisoning.