For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

MacQueen
Killer
Killer

The Spider bit me.

Post by MacQueen » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:05 am

So, having heard the entire album on myspace I must say that ACAS is indeed the finest Alice Cooper album of the decade.

Or to put it this way: Being a fan for 21 years, I've found my favorite ALice Cooper album.

From start to finish I was just amazed that every song painted a picture and told the story of how the spider goes from urban predator until his undoing by his emotional attachment towards a victim.

I loved how the music on this album seemed so happy and lighthearted but yet the lyrics were spot on crazy and deranged. This was indeed a throwback to the sick, twisted, insane Alice Cooper of the seventies and it doesn't ask for apologetics of any kind.

I picked up on some elements of Zeppelin and Wolfmother on the album. It was great to see the return of sleazy Alice on (In touch with) Your Feminine Side, I'm Hungry, and Wrapped in Silk.

I loved every inch of Wake The Dead, that is totally a signature Alice song there and I'm hoping for a live version.

I Know Where you Live was just awesome, the opening riffs made me want to jump up and dance.

Vengeance is Mine made me a believer when I first heard it. I haven't grown tired of it yet.

The One That Got Away is really good, I loved the voiceover parts and it adds weight to the song.

Salvation is incredible. It's like the song Steven that's also Beatle'esque in scope and range, very powerful and emotional.

Killed by Love is by far one of Alice's best ballads ever. It's defenately second to Only Women Bleed.

I am The Spider: This is the grower on me, but not in a bad way either. It's a slow rocker that feels like it slithers in places and crawls. I think the lyrical content to this song is the best part of it, personally if I could have mixed and arranged the song it would included a solid bass groove and percussion for the melody then bring in the the band for the chorus and endings.

In closing:

Along Came A Spider is everything you would want in an Alice Cooper album. While some on here are saying it's not dark or heavy enough, then to you I say you missed the point. It's all about how at one point the album makes you feel good and happy then the twisted parts get you by the throat and shakes you about. This album is 110% better than Dirty Diamonds alone and I think it will stand to the test of time.

Ladies and gentlemen, Alice Cooper is back. :clap:

The nightmares begin again. :evil:

nimsowner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by nimsowner » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:08 am

No argument from this camp. I thoroughly enjoy the album too. And so does my wife.
PLEASE, save me from this sick man!

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:54 am

agree also.I haven't heard it in proper running order yet,but I think you're spot on about the songs being surprisingly chipper! I think it would have been predictable otherwise.it's the perfect hook! the tour is going to be incredible.can't wait for the 29th............ :alice:

alicespoisonuk
Killer
Killer

Post by alicespoisonuk » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:50 am

I love this album! Why shouldn't the songs be upbeat - I assume Spider is happy in his work lol!

Makes me wanna dance too! Except Salvation which makes me cry!

D
"You trade your soul for another taste....."

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Re: The Spider bit me.

Post by WickedYoungMan » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:52 am

MacQueen wrote: Ladies and gentlemen, Alice Cooper is back. :clap:
He was never away.
Me = Winning

NoneeLlama
Killer
Killer

Post by NoneeLlama » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:05 pm

My only problem with the album was that I expected something in he style of TLT/WTMN. But now that I accepted the album as it is, I realized that it's ( :laugh: ) good.
To Stamp... To Kick... To Spit... That's what a good llama does!

Hobo in the Snow
Trash
Trash

Post by Hobo in the Snow » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:07 pm

I finally gave in and listened to it on myspace several times today.

Best Album since The Last Temptation. (and yes, I do think that the four albums in between were good albums so that's a pretty high bar to set)

Nice work Mr Cooper.

Alicehunter2000
Killer
Killer

Post by Alicehunter2000 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:37 pm

Just listened! count me in with you all......I agree that Spider seems like a happy twisted camper :alice:

:clap: :clap: :clap:
"Your as Stiff as my Smoking Barrel"