For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

ReGorLaTroy
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Tour 2018!

Post by ReGorLaTroy » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:08 pm

I'm catching the Morristown show with a friend who has been a fan of Alice since the 1970s but for some reason has never seen him live.

This is actually the perfect set list for someone like that.

I, of course, would like to see things shaken up a bit.

That being said, I'm always happy to see Alice still going strong this late in the game.

I'm also a pretty big Rush fan and there was something sad about the last show I saw at Madison Square Garden on the R40 Tour knowing that was going to be it.

With all of the classic rock artists calling it quits, it is not lost on me that each tour could be the last opportunity to see Alice & Co. live.

:HEART: :alice: :HEART:
"I'm a gambler, and I'm a runner..."

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:27 am

I think the whole Woman of Mass Distraction thing is something to play along with Nita being the woman.

I agree with the consensus it should be dropped along with Lost in America. I love The Last Temptation album and it pains me that this is the only track that ever gets played.

ReGorLaTroy
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by ReGorLaTroy » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:55 am

bigbradwolf wrote:I think the whole Woman of Mass Distraction thing is something to play along with Nita being the woman.
Exactly...her guitar solo is in between Woman of Mass Distraction and Poison.

VinceLeeRose
Killer
Killer

Post by VinceLeeRose » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:20 pm

bigbradwolf wrote:I think the whole Woman of Mass Distraction thing is something to play along with Nita being the woman.

That bit is played out. She really makes me miss Orianthi. I don't think Nita's style fits in unless they're playing stuff off Constrictor and Raise Your Fist...

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:59 am

VinceLeeRose wrote:

That bit is played out. She really makes me miss Orianthi. I don't think Nita's style fits in unless they're playing stuff off Constrictor and Raise Your Fist...
Interesting. I think she fits amazingly well whatever they are playing, although the heavier stuff is obviously her forte. Ori was good but Nita is a much better fit on stage.
Plus when Ori was there Alice played off her in exactly the same was he does with Nita, doing many of the exact same things.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:09 pm

Si wrote:Interesting. I think she fits amazingly well whatever they are playing, although the heavier stuff is obviously her forte. Ori was good but Nita is a much better fit on stage.
Plus when Ori was there Alice played off her in exactly the same was he does with Nita, doing many of the exact same things.
I agree. And Ori was dull on stage, just standing, chewing her cud, er, gum. ;)

Hunter

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:07 pm

I liked Ori with the band and I like Nita even better and she always gets a great fan response. I enjoy a diverse setlist and actually which Alice would include more modern songs but I agree Woman of Mass Destraction isn't one of my favorite Alice tracks (but I know that is subjective). I just think there are other songs sort of in the same vein, Alice could do to keep it fresh. I definitely would like to hear more off The Last Temptation. Lost in America, I don't have a major problem with as I enjoy many of Alice's faster uptempo songs and I think some fast tunes are definitely needed but I think you could replace LIA with something like "Fantasy Man" which worked very well on the Dragontown tour. I was sad to see "The World Needs Guts" dropped from the setlist. I definitely think something off of Constrictor or Raise Your Fist and Yell would work well. Fans have asked for something off RYFAY for years.

ReGorLaTroy
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by ReGorLaTroy » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:09 pm

Pretty excited for tomorrow's show in Morristown.

(I haven't seen a show since the Raise the Dead Tour after an injury requiring multiple knee surgeries over the past two years)

Happy to be seeing Nita with the band...she seems like a great addition to group.

My 18th show!

:HEART: :alice: :HEART:

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:05 am

VinceLeeRose wrote:

I thought Nita was excellent as did all those who were with me. She actually fills the stage and gives Alice a chance for a breather through-out the show. Heavy metal isn't my bag but I thought she played the songs superbly. I thought pain worked really well with guitar instead of piano and I think model citizen or grim facts, slightly more rocked up, would be superb. Alice did that with 'he's back' a few years ago and it was superb!

ReGorLaTroy
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by ReGorLaTroy » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:07 am

OK...

Just returned from the Morristown gig.

"Fallen In Love", "Woman of Mass Distraction", Nita's guitar solo and "Poison" make perfect sense.

Alice's choice of these songs, the placement in the show and the way Alice and Nita played off each other in this section of the show was just brilliant.

My first time seeing Nita perform with the band and I just have to say how impressed I am with her playing as well as her stage presence.

She adds such great energy to "things" and fits in beautifully with Chuck, Glen, Ryan and Tommy.

Had the opportunity to chat with her after the show and I have to say that on top of her playing and performance, she is a super nice person.

The show was amazing, as always, with the added treat of Dennis Dunaway joining the band for "Eighteen" and "School's Out".

Chuck, Glen, Ryan and Tommy just seem to get better and better each time I see them...the band is just so tight.

:HEART: :rock: :HEART:

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Post by cherrypie » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:24 pm

Interesting. I think she fits amazingly well whatever they are playing, although the heavier stuff is obviously her forte. Ori was good but Nita is a much better fit on stage.

I definitely agree, she has amazing stage presence! And WOMD is a fantastic singalong track for me, so I am happy to see it still in the set list. Not so happy about Only Women, bleh, but I know he needs a bit of a rest by then....
I am still hoping for My Stars to pop up somewhere along the way........*dreams*
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:40 pm

Just read the news-page, glad to see Edmonton and Calgary are included on the August 2018 tour. Checking the live-nation & facebook presales and I see there's an 'Alice Cooper Artist' presale tomorrow. Does anyone know what that is or entails... or where one can go to ascertain more information about it? I'm assuming that's the VIP, but thought I'd clarify. Much appreciated.
Cheers. :drink:
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:09 pm

Shoesalesman wrote:Just read the news-page, glad to see Edmonton and Calgary are included on the August 2018 tour. Checking the live-nation & facebook presales and I see there's an 'Alice Cooper Artist' presale tomorrow. Does anyone know what that is or entails... or where one can go to ascertain more information about it? I'm assuming that's the VIP, but thought I'd clarify. Much appreciated.
Probably the pre-sale is through either the venue site or AC.com.
Remmeber it pre-sale doesn`t mean they will have anything good.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:24 pm

Si wrote:
Shoesalesman wrote:Just read the news-page, glad to see Edmonton and Calgary are included on the August 2018 tour. Checking the live-nation & facebook presales and I see there's an 'Alice Cooper Artist' presale tomorrow. Does anyone know what that is or entails... or where one can go to ascertain more information about it? I'm assuming that's the VIP, but thought I'd clarify. Much appreciated.
Probably the pre-sale is through either the venue site or AC.com.
Remmeber it pre-sale doesn`t mean they will have anything good.
Thanks Si. :8):

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:11 am

Keep in mind I'm only going by the videos, but the new songs sound great with the current band and a shame they weren't all playing on the album (I say this regardless of reasons, etc.) There's a bass run Chuck does during the Chorus of "Paranoic Personality" which sounds so good!

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:13 pm

VIPs were out of my price range, but managed to get great seats for the Calgary and Edmonton shows on the Artist presale after all. Roll on August!!!

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:44 am

I've been pretty rough on the setlist, but after watching some newer concert videos, Fallen In Love is a definite live winner - Coop needs to play that harmonica more often. He blew red-hot coals from those reeds. Way to go.
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

ReGorLaTroy
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by ReGorLaTroy » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:01 pm

Shoesalesman wrote:VIPs were out of my price range, but managed to get great seats for the Calgary and Edmonton shows on the Artist presale after all. Roll on August!!!
Same here...$848 for the front row insanity package for NYC...yikes! Nothing too great popping up...will keep trying with the various presales and regular on sale dates. Congrats on your seats Shoe Salesman! :HEART: :alice: :HEART:

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:59 pm

ReGorLaTroy wrote:
Shoesalesman wrote:VIPs were out of my price range, but managed to get great seats for the Calgary and Edmonton shows on the Artist presale after all. Roll on August!!!
Same here...$848 for the front row insanity package for NYC...yikes! Nothing too great popping up...will keep trying with the various presales and regular on sale dates. Congrats on your seats Shoe Salesman! :HEART: :alice: :HEART:
Cheers! I don't even worry anymore about the first few rows. Been there many times with just the cost of the seat, it was a good run while it lasted. Besides, a bit further back, the better chance of getting a cane. ;)

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:02 pm

Saw the last two shows, as well as the ACB show on Monday. Fun times!
:clap: :8): :alice: :rock:

Watching Calico and Sheryl interact during Dwight Fry was fantastic! So glad I got to see a show that Cali was at.

Serious was great, and I quite enjoyed Paranoiac Personality and Fallen in Love. I thought that Fallen in Love got a pretty good reception. Alice grabbed attention with his harmonica intro, and then the up tempo nature of the song kept a lot of people engaged. (Though, at the first show...there wasn't nearly as much energy up front in the crowd as I'd have liked. I was having a one woman party in my area for most of the show.)
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!