For chat about the current tour.
Could contain SPOILERS

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Eventbrite

Post by jacknifejohnny » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:04 pm

“Eventbrite”...Beware of these promoters, bought tix for Ryan Roxie this past Sat.....no show, me missus took the day off for her 50th n’all....NOT IMPRESSED. Outta pocket for tickets ....no phone number, but e.mailed them for a refund....not holdin’ me breath

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Eventbrite

Post by Si » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:58 pm

I didn't even know the show was canceled! Just had a quick look and can't see any cancellation announcement on Roxie's or Planet Axe feed, but there are mentions the previous show was the last. Not sure what happened there, sorry.

As the show was canceled you should certainly get a refund. I think Eventbrite are just a ticket agency, not the promoter, but that shouldn't make any difference. They sold you the ticket and should refund.
Maybe these links could help you?
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/support/contact-us suggests going into your eventbrite account and requesting a refund there.
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/support/ar ... d?lg=en_GB has more info.

If you have the ticket in hand maybe contact the venue for advice?

If you get no luck directly, email me privately and I'll talk to Ryan and see if he can help you or get someone to contact you.

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:01 pm

We went to the venue, it was empty and closed down, the gig was being advertised as the grand opening . I have the tix printed out. Got an e.mail back from an Anthony Arnold to say it was announced on Facebook and the bands websites that it was canceled, which is a load of bollox . Dunno who he is, guessing the venue owner of some sorts. Says Eventbrite are dealing with refunds....but as I say, not holding my breath. Thanks so much for yer response,advice and help Si......much appreciated...we were bloody looking foreword to it as well.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:32 pm

jacknifejohnny wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:01 pm
We went to the venue, it was empty and closed down, the gig was being advertised as the grand opening . I have the tix printed out. Got an e.mail back from an Anthony Arnold to say it was announced on Facebook and the bands websites that it was canceled, which is a load of bollox . Dunno who he is, guessing the venue owner of some sorts. Says Eventbrite are dealing with refunds....but as I say, not holding my breath. Thanks so much for yer response,advice and help Si......much appreciated...we were bloody looking foreword to it as well.
To be honest the show was Saturday. In my experience it's not unusual for companies to take several days to even acknowledge they have heard from you (if it's not an auto-reply). You have to be a little patient give them the chance.
If you don't hear back from eventbrite in the next week or so let me know. Can't promise anything but I can ask and see what can be done. I would have thought it unlikely you are the only one in this situation.